Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #1

Safe T Alert CO/Propane Detector Problem

Has anyone had an issue with their detector going off? Mine did this in Florida numerous times over the winter and then stopped until now. It is going off every 5 to 10 minutes. Does anyone know where the fuse would be on the Georgetown XL 378? Please help!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #2

Could be a sign of a low battery???

Old 06-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #3

On my 378 it's under the steps. Sounds like low batteries.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Make sure your battery's are not out gassing. Check that none are not low on water. We had that problem and it was a bad battery. When they were replaced our detector was fine.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
Make sure your battery's are not out gassing. Check that none are not low on water. We had that problem and it was a bad battery. When they were replaced our detector was fine.
Ditto. It can be very dangerous and one person had their batteries blow up. If you feel the batteries while charging and one is warmer than the other then that also can mean an internal short in the batteries. A new set of batteries made mine all better.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
Ditto. It can be very dangerous and one person had their batteries blow up. If you feel the batteries while charging and one is warmer than the other then that also can mean an internal short in the batteries. A new set of batteries made mine all better.
We had a battery blow up when our Georgetown was still under warranty. We had a problem with the alarm and had an appointment with a dealer to have it looked after. We were away and came back to the RV Park and found a battery had blown up. I called Forest River they had the dealer bring out two new batteries and we have not had an alarm since.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
10Isola

I too am having this issue. I've been plugged in to shore power all weekend. Shouldn't this take away any possible link with it being a bad battery. Since its hard wired and tied in to other components how can I disconnect this thing without it killing any of my other utilities. We are camping for the week, and I just want this thing to stop going off.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #8

I had ours plugged in and had a bad battery. That was out gassing and setting of the alarm.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Isola View Post
I too am having this issue. I've been plugged in to shore power all weekend. Shouldn't this take away any possible link with it being a bad battery. Since its hard wired and tied in to other components how can I disconnect this thing without it killing any of my other utilities. We are camping for the week, and I just want this thing to stop going off.
Actually on shore power the batteries are on "trickle charge" or a little more than trickle. As they age they put off more gas, like hydrogen sulfide which will make its way past the steps and cause the propane alarm to go off. Even more than just in storage. Another cause I found with the oven on low or pilot, enough gas can accumulate from poor combustion to set off the alarm, happened just last night! Both events being alarmed is a good thing.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #10

Check your 40 amp fuses too