Old 07-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

SafeT Plus or Blue Ox TruCenter Steering Stabilizer

Hello fellow RVer,

I am considering a steering stabilizer for my new 2016 Georgetown XL 352QS. The choice:

1 - SafeT Plus cost around $600 for DIY
2 - Blue Ox TruCenter Steering Stabilizer cost around $1200 DIY.

The advantage of the Blue Ox TruCenter Steering Stabilizer is the benefit seems to be better since we could set/adjust the TruCenter on the fly as needed, but the cost for that advance system is twice as much as the SafeT Plus, while the SafeT Plus requires extensive adjustment at installation time to ensure the true center alignment, but then if the condition change drastically such as high wind the SafeT Plus may not be as effective.

Note that, the above comment was taken from the advertisement between one brand to the other, I have not experience with any of the above, that is why I ask for you help to tell me what is your experience on this type of upgrade to your RV.

Many thanks in advance.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 6 nights and 2 shake down and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #2

I have the Blue Ox TruCenter. It does pretty much as advertised. There is a button on the dash I can push to help compensate for wind. Semi's don't affect me at all. It works well!

Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
I have the Blue Ox TruCenter. It does pretty much as advertised. There is a button on the dash I can push to help compensate for wind. Semi's don't affect me at all. It works well!
Thank Tailwind.

That is what their commercial said, but I trust you and people here since you actually use the product and experience with it on the consumer side.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 07-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #4

consider the Roadmaster RSA reflex...cheaper and a very easy install
Old 07-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #5

I added the blue ox this year, prior to a 14,000 mile trip to Alaska, on my Coachmen 39 foot Sportscoach. I did the install myself, but it is heavy and a second pair of hands is nice .

I have been surprised how much I have used and appreciated the trim function. It has made long drives less fatiguing. I used to routinely get a back muscle pain,which I now realize was because I was often holding wheel pressure. That has completely disappeared. I have used it in both high winds conditions and also just to add a little trim on crowned roads. It works great. I also used to stop after 200-300 miles due to fatigue. I have driven several 500 mile days quite comfortably on this trip. I'm just getting ready to drive back from Alaska and am glad I have this.

The trim makes small adjustments easily, just a tap of the button is usually enough. To make a large adjustment, such as very high wind,you may need to make the adjustment while going around a bend in order to get enough.

I have no regrets about this purchase and would gladly pay the difference in price for the trim function.

2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Encore 380DS
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
CharlieS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #6

I second Carmen's suggestion with the Roadmaster. I installed it before our 32 day 6,596 mile cross country back in April, and it was awesome, no problems with semi's or wind gusts, and allowed for much easier driving, one handed, and much less driver fatigue. Even with the blasting winds heading west on I70 in Kansas it was much easier to control and track in our lane down the interstate..

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS3 View Post
I added the blue ox this year, prior to a 14,000 mile trip to Alaska, on my Coachmen 39 foot Sportscoach. I did the install myself, but it is heavy and a second pair of hands is nice .

I have been surprised how much I have used and appreciated the trim function. It has made long drives less fatiguing. I used to routinely get a back muscle pain,which I now realize was because I was often holding wheel pressure. That has completely disappeared. I have used it in both high winds conditions and also just to add a little trim on crowned roads. It works great. I also used to stop after 200-300 miles due to fatigue. I have driven several 500 mile days quite comfortably on this trip. I'm just getting ready to drive back from Alaska and am glad I have this.

The trim makes small adjustments easily, just a tap of the button is usually enough. To make a large adjustment, such as very high wind,you may need to make the adjustment while going around a bend in order to get enough.

I have no regrets about this purchase and would gladly pay the difference in price for the trim function.
Sound very cool!

Thank Charlies.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 07-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
consider the Roadmaster RSA reflex...cheaper and a very easy install

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
I second Carmen's suggestion with the Roadmaster. I installed it before our 32 day 6,596 mile cross country back in April, and it was awesome, no problems with semi's or wind gusts, and allowed for much easier driving, one handed, and much less driver fatigue. Even with the blasting winds heading west on I70 in Kansas it was much easier to control and track in our lane down the interstate..
Thank Carmen and Stern, I will look into this.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 07-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #9

I have the Safe-T-Plus and driven about 15,000 miles using it and 3,000 miles prior without it. Driving with the Safe-T-Plus has made quite a difference on my comfort while driving. Semis and busses don't rattle me. I drive with the palm of my hands on the wheel and do not have to use much pressure to stay in my lane even with cross winds. Since I have not driven the other systems I cannot comment on them, but I am certainly pleased with what I have.
NewEncounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEncounter View Post
I have the Safe-T-Plus and driven about 15,000 miles using it and 3,000 miles prior without it. Driving with the Safe-T-Plus has made quite a difference on my comfort while driving. Semis and busses don't rattle me. I drive with the palm of my hands on the wheel and do not have to use much pressure to stay in my lane even with cross winds. Since I have not driven the other systems I cannot comment on them, but I am certainly pleased with what I have.
Me too. I have the Safe-T-Plus and very happy with it.

Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ox