Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
Bill & Janet

Sagging ceiling liners

I have 2011 360 DS the fabric on the ceiling is coming unglued. I was thinking of getting a spray adhesive to reattach it to the ceiling. With the coach only being 4 years old this is quite aggravating. Was wondering if anybody else has this problem what they may have been correct.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #2

This has happened to many. Not sure if its the climate or humidity but It has happened to many in Florida as well as other places.
I have been watching mine but then again I live in Arizona with low humidity and not much rain. It does get very hot in the summer and no sagging on my rig. Knock wood.

Other have used good quality 3M spray adhesive but I'm sure others will give you more information.
Here is a link to the latest thread on ceiling sagging.
Ceiling headliner unglooing

Good luck

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #3

My brothers Winnebago has this problem. Said he is quite good at gluing it back, on the other hand my past Holiday Rambler was 11 years old and never a problem. We live in the same area, so I don't really see the cause.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:05 PM   #4

I know of a Member who bought a GT used and F/R replaced the (Roof/Ceiling/and some of the Upper cabnets) They also changed it to all LEDs! And for their (Inconvenience) they also replaced all the (Exterior Decals) to updated ones! NOW tell me any Other RV Co.that would do that? This all started as (Brown Spots) on the ceiling! Youroo!!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by km5xa View Post
I have 2011 360 DS the fabric on the ceiling is coming unglued. I was thinking of getting a spray adhesive to reattach it to the ceiling. With the coach only being 4 years old this is quite aggravating. Was wondering if anybody else has this problem what they may have been correct.

I just had the same issue on my 2011 350. I left a message for the factory but haven't heard back yet. Because the ceiling panels are sandwiched between the roof and walls I'm not sure how it can be fixed without removing the roof and then pulling the ceiling panels. I'm wondering if I can cut a small slit and, using one of those small extender tubes for aerosol cans, trying to get the adhesive from the can to under the vinyl. I know it's a long shot.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
Bill & Janet

Thanks for the info guys. I read the other thread Iggy and we have contacted for stripper my email. I'm kind of concerned because most of those that fixed out of warranty we're only two years old. We'll just have to wait and see what they have to say. I do have a couple ideas using the 3M adhesive spray. The worst one is over the cockpit area. That is because there's nothing to support it like air vents and lights on the other panels. I do have an idea adding a motion detector that looks like a smoke detector to give it some support after reglueing.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
Bill & Janet

Talked to Bryan Knight at Forest River. He had me send him some pictures then tell me to take it to your local dealer get a estimate on re-gluing. He said he was willing to do some "goodwill". Any little bit helps. If the dealer wants to much, I'll probably just do it myself. On my last post we were in Dallas Texas and came home Monday to Arkansas. Roads in Oklahoma were so bad (US 75) that when we got home I noticed a panel holding the water heater was pushing out about a half inch at the bottom of the panel. Found screws securing panel to part of the framing had come out at of the braces.heapanel to part of the framing had come out at some other braces. Got that fixed this morning before taking it to the dealer. There's always something to fix. Also having the dealer change the oil in engine generator. He's charging me $200. This includes labor and oil. Plus whatever the fuel filter is for the generator. Was going to change it myself but the Mrs. said no. And like E.F. Hutton when Janet speaks I listen. Thanks again for everybody's input.
km5xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Talked to Bryan Knight at Forest River. He had me send him some pictures then tell me to take it to your local dealer get a estimate on re-gluing. He said he was willing to do some "goodwill". Any little bit helps. If the dealer wants to much, I'll probably just do it myself. On my last post we were in Dallas Texas and came home Monday to Arkansas. Roads in Oklahoma were so bad (US 75) that when we got home I noticed a panel holding the water heater was pushing out about a half inch at the bottom of the panel. Found screws this hear panel to part of the framing had come out at some other braces. Got that fixed this morning before taking it to the dealer. There's always something to fix. Also having the dealer change the oil in engine generator. He's charging me $200. This includes labor and oil. Plus whatever the fuel filter is for the generator. Was going to change it myself but the Mrs. said no. And like E.F. Hutton when Janet speaks I listen. Thanks again for everybody's input.
Water heater mounting thread
Georgetown Water Heater Support Mod

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
Bill & Janet

Thanks Iggy. Was thinking about doing this because when I lifted it excess opening it didn't look back it was secured very well. Also when I do this I'm going to change the bypassed valves to a brass valve instead of a plastic one. Saw someone had done this and save the picture of the completed project. Can't find the post the pictures worth 1000 words.
km5xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #10
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Talked to Bryan Knight at Forest River. He had me send him some pictures then tell me to take it to your local dealer get a estimate on re-gluing. He said he was willing to do some "goodwill". Any little bit helps. If the dealer wants to much, I'll probably just do it myself. On my last post we were in Dallas Texas and came home Monday to Arkansas. Roads in Oklahoma were so bad (US 75) that when we got home I noticed a panel holding the water heater was pushing out about a half inch at the bottom of the panel. Found screws securing panel to part of the framing had come out at of the braces.heapanel to part of the framing had come out at some other braces. Got that fixed this morning before taking it to the dealer. There's always something to fix. Also having the dealer change the oil in engine generator. He's charging me $200. This includes labor and oil. Plus whatever the fuel filter is for the generator. Was going to change it myself but the Mrs. said no. And like E.F. Hutton when Janet speaks I listen. Thanks again for everybody's input.
Did you get an estimate for the ceiling? How much?

« Roof sealant | A/C »