Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #1

Sagging ceiling material

I have a 2007 Forest River Georgetown 378TS XL with the leather looking ceiling covering. It has started to sag in between the divider trim pieces. I can push it back up but the stick is gone. Any one else experience this and what did you do to get it stuck back up to what ever hard material it is supposed to be stuck to?
Bob
Old 10-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #2

My 2011 bought used in 2012 has the same problem. I heard it was a bad batch of glue but since yours is 2007 maybe not so. FR was replacing under warranty at one time but as 2nd owner I did not qualify.
I fixed mine ,in the places where it was not held up by vents, speakers, ac units etc, by using Loctite spray glue from Home Depot. In the large areas I held up the ceiling with foam pads and plywood jacked in place with a 2x4. It has held up for 5 years now. Most of my original glue separated and the ceiling is a billowy texture.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

How about using decorative washers with screws into the ceiling material (hopefully some kind of wood) above the ceiling covering which you say is starting to sag. With the proper pattern spacing, it could look like a tufted ceiling.

Washer style suggestions......like plastic Rosetta’s?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
My 2011 bought used in 2012 has the same problem. I heard it was a bad batch of glue but since yours is 2007 maybe not so. FR was replacing under warranty at one time but as 2nd owner I did not qualify.
I fixed mine ,in the places where it was not held up by vents, speakers, ac units etc, by using Loctite spray glue from Home Depot. In the large areas I held up the ceiling with foam pads and plywood jacked in place with a 2x4. It has held up for 5 years now. Most of my original glue separated and the ceiling is a billowy texture.
Did you take the ceiling material down to spray on the glue or ?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
How about using decorative washers with screws into the ceiling material (hopefully some kind of wood) above the ceiling covering which you say is starting to sag. With the proper pattern spacing, it could look like a tufted ceiling.

Washer style suggestions......like plastic Rosetta’s?

We had the same problem with our 2011 378. I pulled the vinyl out of the side wall and from under the divider strips, used a spray headliner adhesive and pushed it back in to position. Did that in 2013 and it is still up.

One person on here posted pictures of their padded ceiling that they put up with a Rosetta pattern screw. The spacing they used looked very nice and it would pass as a factory job., I don’t know if you could find it in a search for “padded ceiling repair”. Be good if you could and possibly contact that poster.

Good luck. Oh, by the way, there is a thin plywood under the vinyl, the ply is bonded to foam board. It will hold a screw if you don’t over tighten.

Safe Travels.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote