Old 10-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #21

I would guess at 8mpg max! I get almost 7 towing my 9k lb TT I`m at 17k lbs combined! I think 14 is possible with a sprinter based RV?

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #22

I get over 99 mpg when towing our jeep wrangler, but only when going down a 6% grade and have the wind at our back! Wink, Wink. Other then that, around 7.2 mpg, just like everyone else.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
Papi

He's not lying. He's just being a salesman. Now if yours was a legal question presented to a liar... 'er I mean lawyer you'd have a case. Anyway, maybe he was thinking about going downhill. FWIW, I went from a 25 ft TT with a F150/Triton to a 40 ft FW with a F350 6.7 diesel and I went from about 7.5 mpg to 10.3 mpg! Couldn't believe it! My son-in-law kept telling me to go diesel...he wasn't lying! (Pun intended!) So you see...it's all what you put into it...as they say... "Your actual mileage may vary!"
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #24

its salesman math
6.5 city +7.5 hiway = 14 mpg
at least that what i get
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
He's not lying. He's just being a salesman. Now if yours was a legal question presented to a liar... 'er I mean lawyer you'd have a case. Anyway, maybe he was thinking about going downhill. FWIW, I went from a 25 ft TT with a F150/Triton to a 40 ft FW with a F350 6.7 diesel and I went from about 7.5 mpg to 10.3 mpg! Couldn't believe it! My son-in-law kept telling me to go diesel...he wasn't lying! (Pun intended!) So you see...it's all what you put into it...as they say... "Your actual mileage may vary!"
If he knows that 14 MPGs is not the truth, then he is lying. We thought about a Diesel, but weren't sure the extra cost made sense for the extra couple of miles. We will be putting a maxim of 5,000 miles a year and will be keeping it for 10 years.

Gasser 5,000 miles / 7 mpg x 3.30 gallon = $2,357 x 10 years = $23,571
Diesel 5,000 miles / 10 mpg x 3.70 gallon = $1,850 x 10 years = $18,500

About a $5,000 difference to drive in 10 years. How much more is it to buy a diesel? Not sure if my math is sound, but it made sense to us. Besides, I can repair anything on a gasser, but have never messed with a diesel. I know gas prices will go up in the future, but I'm pretty sure diesel will too.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
Papi

Hi Al. Gotta tell you it took a lot of convincing for me to go diesel but very glad I did. Yes, I know it's more expensive but the reassuring thing is that it "just wants to work"! I do not mess around with engines any more. Hardly did ever...I'm more into electronics and I know what to leave alone (that took some trial & error mind you). I have noticed a vast improvement in power available and with 6T behind me I know I'll appreciate that for the longer trips! Not knocking gas...just pleased I finally was swayed! LOL. Oh...with regard to the sales pitch: Caveat emptor!
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
Hi Al. Gotta tell you it took a lot of convincing for me to go diesel but very glad I did. Yes, I know it's more expensive but the reassuring thing is that it "just wants to work"! I do not mess around with engines any more. Hardly did ever...I'm more into electronics and I know what to leave alone (that took some trial & error mind you). I have noticed a vast improvement in power available and with 6T behind me I know I'll appreciate that for the longer trips! Not knocking gas...just pleased I finally was swayed! LOL. Oh...with regard to the sales pitch: Caveat emptor!
Caveat emptor! I know I know. However, what goes around comes around especially nowadays that we have open communication through the internet. I've left a couple of reviews, to the point, and I'm sure it will do some damage. My wife and I believe way too much in Karma and we are raising our two boys that way. Never lie, even if it gives you the advantage. Be honest, and if it's meant to be then let it be. This world has become too much about getting more and more even if it hurts someone else. The salesman told a white lie, when he did, he took a chance, and it will probably bite him in the butt. The problem is that if he told that lie, he will probably lie about other stuff too. It's happened to me several times with dealers. It's really hard nowadays to find a reputable honest dealer especially ever since the economy took a dump.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #28

I can't believe this guy. Today I went to the dealers website and they actually had a link to write a review that goes on google places. I wrote about my experience and how the salesman lied about the MPGs. I then get a nasty gram for the salesman telling me to get hearing aids and what not. Denying that he said 14 MPG. WTF? I also got an email from the owner apologizing. What should I do next? If I see this guy again, I'm going to lose it I'm going to have to find another dealer that services FR. What a nightmare. What's wrong with these people?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #29
Site Team

He is right. You will get great mpgs towing with your v10. (Now you know its true, you read it on the internet.) Lol. Where do these salespeople come from?
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
He is right. You will get great mpgs towing with your v10. (Now you know its true, you read it on the internet.) Lol. Where do these salespeople come from?
Paul Sherry in Piqua OH

I can't go to that dealer again. I'm veryy short tempered when I'm disrespected to I will end up in trouble for kicking his ass.

Tags
gas, mileage