Old 07-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #1

Sanitizing Water Tank

So, how do you get bleach in to the water tank to sanitize it? My old TT had a gravity fill location that I could use a funnel.

I saw somewhere that you connect your hose to the tank fill connection then fill the hose with bleach and then connect the hose to the water source and turn it on? Anybody try this and how much bleach did you get everywhere except in the hose?

Stymie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:58 PM   #2

That is how we add bleach to our tank when sanitizing. Just use a funnel to add the bleach to a hose. Connect the hose and SLOWLY turn the water on. No mess

Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #3

+1 I just fill the hose with bleach and connect it to the water supply to sanitize.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie71 View Post
So, how do you get bleach in to the water tank to sanitize it? My old TT had a gravity fill location that I could use a funnel.

I saw somewhere that you connect your hose to the tank fill connection then fill the hose with bleach and then connect the hose to the water source and turn it on? Anybody try this and how much bleach did you get everywhere except in the hose?
Once you 'push' the bleach into your fresh water tank, you will continue to add enough water so that you can use the on-board pump to pump the bleach solution throughout the entire system.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Nights Camped: '15 = 22'16 = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:34 AM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

Sanitizing Water Tank

Do Georgetowns have a water bay where you can suck in antifreeze, have an outdoor shower, AND have the water inlet all nearby?

If so, I used a five gallon bucket to make a bleach/water solution (1/4-cup to every 10-15 gallons of my FW tank capacity).

I then use my antifreeze inlet to suck in from that and the outdoor shower hose to the FW tank fill.

Works a treat.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	113846

Name:	IMG_2183.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	113847

Name:	IMG_2184.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	113848
Old 07-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #6

Or just buy a small portable water pump, I got one from a local hardware store. Have it stowed in a small plastic storage tote and take it with me.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #7

I am not aware of a winterizing antifreeze induction pump/hose on my unit. Doesn't mean it's not there, just not aware of it. However, I do have an outside shower.

So, just hook up the hose from the shower head to the fresh water tank fill connection and fill the tank from there? Surely there are some adapters to make this connection?
Stymie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #8

At your water pump it will have one hose coming in from fresh water tank, and a second hose T'd off that is not attached to anything. There is a valve on it that lets you select the water source. The hose that is not attached to anything is the winterizing hose, you pull it out of the cubby and put into a bottle of antifreeze, then use pump to feed into the water system. So if you use that hose in a large container of water or whatever you can run that through the system to the outside shower, then hook shower hose to fresh water tank fill to top up the tank.

To me it was just easier to have a small water pump instead of going through all this.

DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank