Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlin44 View Post
Hey Petey,
That is kind of my question, can I hook satelite to the cable connection in the electrical compartment. Does yours work that way. The 378 says they are satelite prepped, but I assume that means on the roof you can have a permenate dish installed and just switch the box up front to satelite.

Thanks for the reply.
Barney
Not sure if you really got an answer, if your in a rv park with cable connection you can simply hook up to it with cable to your rear electrical compartment,left rear door,an you get the programing the park has to offer, i have a fully automatic winegard sk-3500 on roof with direct tv, you have to read an check out what your getting with those domes you sit on ground, for instance you can not get direct tv HD,an all the ones i've seen are single satellite, where the sk 3500 gets it all, finds satellites on its own etc.. yes you have to be away from trees etc, but i'm not sure i want $1000 bucks laying on the ground somewhere, so read an compare so you know what your getting .... happy trails

Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #12

I have a 360, 2011. I use Directv while parked at home site and hookup my sat dish to the cable connection. The control box inside is set to cable, works great except! What you get on front tv is same on rear, my rear tv is mounted so as almost impossible to hook up second receiver. To answer your question yes it works if you the the three selector slide switch to select between antenna, cable, sat / aux. Hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #13

Diplexers

On my 378 I have installed Diplexers which allow
using the CATV jack in the rear power compartment
for both CATV & SATELLITE reception at the same time.

See the attached schematic.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diplexer.pdf (138.7 KB, 102 views)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtelguy View Post

Thanks mbtelguy...This is great news...the deplexers on the schematic makes sense and I will look into these this weekend.

Copsuno, thanks for your input, perhaps the deplexer schematic could help you get the receiver in the back room.

HarleyDriven, yes you are right and I have and still am looking at the option you stated. The auto portable is on sale through the CW and the Highways magazine for 599.00. and with a stand and 12 volt converter I will spend just over 700.00. But if I could swing it the roof mounted HD SAT would be the best but would be well over 2000.00 with the install.

Going to CW tomorrow to really check it out..
Thanks Guys
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
2012 Georgetown 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtelguy View Post

Good morning, so that I undersatnd all of this...you bypass all of the existing splitters?? Then add diplexers?? ther must be 3 existing splitters in the coach originally right? One for splitting the signal to the TV in bedroom and one to split for the outlet in the outside compartment next to the entry door or do they use a 3 way splitter to do that? Does anyone know what the factory wiring is??

Thanks

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #16

HI ! RAY Check out the schematic I attached.
The diplexers and changes to the CATV input cabling
has nothing to do with the distribution to the TV themselves,
only the input to the winegard amp/distribution panel.

Hope this helps

Gary
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #17

Hey mbtelguy,
Ok...I think I know what Ray is asking. On our 378TS I do not see the same " rear view of power supply" as in the schematic shown. In the front upper right cabinet where the dvd/sound system is, there is a transfer type switch for reception. On the back of the switch it appears one cable in for attenae, one for cable, one for satellite and ONE exit cable into the coach. There must be a hidden spitter to the front TV, one to the bedroom and one to the outside TV connection near the entry door. When hooked up to CG cable all 3 tvs can work seperately while switch is on cable.
I am going to look on the roof for the cabling for Sat as it states satellite ready. Where would the wingard amp/distribution box be located?
Sorry for my ignorance...but I thought for sure I understood the diplexir method so I guess I will need to get out there and start hooking things up to find out.
I did purchase the winegard auto portable sat today, so I have a week to figure it out
Again Thanks alot Barney
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #18

Hi ! Barney

First I was not aware that you had the switch, so to clarify, I have modified the
diplexer drawing I previously provided to show where in relationship to the switch they should be installed.
Also you can see from the FR schematic the splitters are only involved in the
distribution of the signals directly connected to the TVs

Attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown SCHEMATICS.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	12062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Diplexer.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	12063  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
2012 Georgetown 378

Gary, don't I still need to remove the splitter that is after the switch and divides the signal to the 3 TV's from the switch and replace it with a sat compatible splitter? My guess is that it is in the wall behind the switch in the DVD player cabinet. I have read elsewhere on this site that it is in there.

Ray, Cynthia, Duncan and Bailey
2012 Georgetown 378
2006 HD Ultra
1992 Fat Boy
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #20

Hi ! Barney

The short answer is no you do not have to change the splitters.

Barney two suggestions:
1/ First verify that your unit is wired the same as the FR schematic.
2/ If it is simply hook up your Sat dish to the CATV cable
coming from the power compartment and remove the CATV cable from the switch and connect to the Sat Receiver input. Next connect the Sat Receiver out put to the switch Sat In. You should see sat tv.

Barney using the diplexers allows you to have both Sat & CATV on the same cable. If you never want to do this do not use the diplexers. My 378 does not have the switch and because of this I had to use diplexers to use the CATV cable for sat & CATV.

Gary