Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #21
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senforex View Post
I have a 2012 378 Georgetown and the first time I tried to connect an external satellite dish in the box located in the electricity compartment it does'nt work... but how do you connect your receiver ? in the output of the RCA dvd player and which cable goes to the TV? what is the selection with the black selector box, the one with «satellite» or «cable»?
I am confuse with the connection of the satellite receiver and the position selection with the black box selector?
Thank you for your help.
I'm not talking about using the Black Box. Just the cable from raer to front since he wants to hook up low to the ground. My Satellite Dish is directly connected to the Receiver. I have a Tivo unit with 2 cables to the receiver. I have the receiver connected to the front TV through Audio / Video Cables and also connected to a VCR through the coaxial cable. The VCR is connected to the black box. I can send the satellite picture to my rear TV by setting the black box for TV2 to VCR. However I can't watch different programs on each TV.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I'm not talking about using the Black Box. Just the cable from raer to front since he wants to hook up low to the ground. My Satellite Dish is directly connected to the Receiver. I have a Tivo unit with 2 cables to the receiver. I have the receiver connected to the front TV through Audio / Video Cables and also connected to a VCR through the coaxial cable. The VCR is connected to the black box. I can send the satellite picture to my rear TV by setting the black box for TV2 to VCR. However I can't watch different programs on each TV.
If you would get a dual tuner receiver then you could watch 2 different programs on 2 different tvs!
I will post how I did my hook up.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #23
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
If you would get a dual tuner receiver then you could watch 2 different programs on 2 different tvs!
I will post how I did my hook up.
I have a DirecTV receiver with Tivo. It has 2 Satellite Inputs and my dish has 2 LNBs. So I can watch a prerecorded program and record two programs at the same time or watch 1 Live program and record 1 program but can't watch 2 Live Programs at the same time. When we upgraded to HD in the house I moved the old DVR to the motorhome. I don't want to give up my DVR for another receiver though. What type of unit are you using?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

my dual hd tuner is also a dvr as well .
its a dish network reciever I believe a 720 ?
the trick is using a little gadget call a diplexer "scs-2a" which takes the single line from the dish and splits it into the diplexer and then one cable goes straight to the one tv and the other goes to the reciever . so the tv without the reciever can be remotely changed via uhf signal from the reciever .
as it is hooked upin my 5er i can watch one program in the main living area and the other three tvs watch another program . one in the master bedroom one in bunk house and one outside .
3 tvs one program 1 tv a diffrent program.
clear as mud ?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
my dual hd tuner is also a dvr as well .
its a dish network reciever I believe a 720 ?
the trick is using a little gadget call a diplexer "scs-2a" which takes the single line from the dish and splits it into the diplexer and then one cable goes straight to the one tv and the other goes to the reciever . so the tv without the reciever can be remotely changed via uhf signal from the reciever .
as it is hooked upin my 5er i can watch one program in the main living area and the other three tvs watch another program . one in the master bedroom one in bunk house and one outside .
3 tvs one program 1 tv a diffrent program.
clear as mud ?
Must be something exclusive to Dish Network's receiver. I have DirecTV and I haven't seen anything like that from them. I'm fine with my set-up. Thanks for the info though. Your system sounds like the type I've seen advertised for multi-room viewing. Clear as mud just about covers it!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

yes i am pretty sure dish network is the only one that has two tv viewing from one reciever . now the down fall to the system. as long as there is not a program recording you can watch 2 different shows on two different tvs . if you have one program recording you can only watch a recorded program on tv "2" and a live program on tv "1" . If you have two programs recording at the same time . you can only watch previously recorded programs on both tvs or watch whats being recorded .
still clear as mud im sure !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #27
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
yes i am pretty sure dish network is the only one that has two tv viewing from one reciever . now the down fall to the system. as long as there is not a program recording you can watch 2 different shows on two different tvs . if you have one program recording you can only watch a recorded program on tv "2" and a live program on tv "1" . If you have two programs recording at the same time . you can only watch previously recorded programs on both tvs or watch whats being recorded .
still clear as mud im sure !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine has a dual tuner but only one is available at a time to watch Live TV. I can record 2 at the same time and watch a pre-recorded program or watch 1 live and record 1.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Tags
satellite