Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 AM   #1

Satelite Stystems, (Dish Network)

Looking for recommendations on what Satellite System would work best on our MH, that'll be compatible with Dish Network. I've seen some portable systems that you can basically mount them temporarily or permanently and they locate the satellite(s) automatically. I'm open to any and all suggestions, just want to know what works the best and easiest too. I've also heard about the ones that work while on the move but haven't talked to anyone who's actually have them. Thanks for your time. Guy

Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have DirecTV but the Satelite Dishes will work with either Dish Network or DirecTV. I have a Winegard, which has many different set-ups. We've had ours for over 4 years and have never had any problems with it. Our Dish is connected to a Tivo unit so we record shows at home, especially the free weekends of HBO, Starz, Showtime etc.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

We used a ViewCube with DirecTv for a few years. Only took about five minutes to set up and could move it anywhere in order to "see" the southwestern sky. The drawback for me was that it was not High Def. And I like my High Def!! With the new 378TS we have the 40" High Def TV so....had the Winegard dish mounted on the roof. Sure like the auto locate ability. And so far we have always found a site that we could find the southwestern sky to get a signal.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #4

i have dish network and went to a winguard carry out last year. usually hook it to the receiver then put the power to the ant. it locates 110, 119, and 129 and sets them in memory. each time u change channel, it rotates to the proper sat and polarity. it has a second output but the second receiver can only view channels and polarity that the A receiver does (abt half the channels on that sat).
if the dish gets moved, u have to go thru the initial set up again.
i put mine on a tripod, that way it doesn't shift while rotating on uneven ground.

it is pricey but i am happy with it.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #5

We have the Winegard Travler...automatic ...the only way to go...works fantastic.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron View Post
We have the Winegard Travler...automatic ...the only way to go...works fantastic.
Ditto on the Winegard Traveler
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #7

I have a KVH Tracvision system on my 337. It was originally on my class c Winnebago. When I traded for the Georgetown, I had the system transferred to the new coach. It works great, tracks 110,119 and 129. It is an "in motion" system which is great, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost. We've driven about 5K miles with it and I'm guessin' it's been on no more then an hour while we were on the move. Unless you have youngsters that you want to keep occupied while you're rollin', I'd opt for a stationary system. Winegard is hard to beat.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #8

Dish connection location

Just purchased a 2006 349ts. Question: Where is the sat connection on the coach. The one that goes to the dish on the ground. I know where the other end is in the interior cabinet. THANKS
Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

not sure on your unit but i had one trailer that had it on the left side of tt back by electrical hook up.
on my new 5er it is in a cubby where my water hooks up . look around the outside you should have a cable hook up and or a satellite receptacle.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repairguyjsb View Post
Just purchased a 2006 349ts. Question: Where is the sat connection on the coach. The one that goes to the dish on the ground. I know where the other end is in the interior cabinet. THANKS
There's only one that is prepped on the coach. It's under a Vent Cap on the roof near the front of the coach. The cap looks the same as the Plumbing Vent Caps. Mine was off to the right side ahead of the entrance door. remove the cap and you should see it down inside there. This is a set-up for a dome or dish to be mounted on the roof. Otherwise there is no designated connection near the ground. I have a TV Outlet in one of the compartments on the passenger side that could be used if disconnect it from your video selector in the cabinet.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote