Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
k

satelitte connections

Hi Folks,
I have recently bought a 2011 georgetown 360 never camped in only 1,300 miles. (problem) I purchased a winegar mimi max dome. I looked for the plastic tube on the roof opened it a found 1 coax cable and 1 electrical wire it appears that the 12volt line and the coax just run threw I cant find the ends to make my connections. Do i have to splice?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I know on the older coaches like mine they only provided the wires and cable, basically a rough-in. Any connections required couplings and the coaxial ends to be added to the cable as well. The 12 volt wires were just blank ends, no terminals. Probably because of the various manufacturers of satellite equipment and their connecting ends.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
k

Thanks! problem there doesnt appear to be any ends to the wiring it looks like i am pulling the cable and 12volt wire in the middle cant find the ends
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I think I read somewhere here that there's an access panel on the opposite side of the wall behind the TV. Maybe in the closet / Washer-Dryer area. The wires and cables probably are in there, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully another 360 owner can lead you in the right direction.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #5

Do you have the selector box on top of dvd/ stereo radio on right hand cabinet over dash? If wired then you have a cable attached to the selector box already. At least it appears that way.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #6

I would think you should have outside access to connect the dish to if you are looking to use it as a portable set-up. One of your street side service bays should have a coax cable connection. For the empty cable end on the roof, you can buy male or female ends that screw onto the coax at Radio Shack or Best Buy etc. Just make sure that the aluminum casing just under the outer casing (black?) is folded over the whole cable when you screw on the new fitting.

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote