Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #1

Satellite Dish hookup

I have a 2017 Georgetown. Will be tailgating this weekend and wondered how to hook up dish received w portable satellite dish. Thanks
Pkirtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

depends...

what antenna do you have?

is your 'portable' antenna already mounted on the roof, or connected inside to your entertainment system/box?

do you already have a receiver? is it located next to the TV you want to view?
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

Winegard portable plastic dish. Have DISH receiver as well. And then to further complicate the is a Movie vision device under front bunk. Trying to figure out how to run the cables. Thanks!!!
Old 08-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
Gustafson

On ours I ran coaxial cable from the dish to the satellite connection outside, used a short piece of coaxial on the satellite connection inside to the receiver, and used a short HDMI cord from the receiver to the TV. (obviously I aligned the dish as well)
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #5

the easiest and quickest method:

-a single coax from the antenna 'main' out directly to the receiver
-an HDMI cable from the receive to the TV
-input the TV on HDMI setting
-plug in and turn on the Receiver
-it should then ask for the 'state' you are located, to then acquire the satellites
-make sure you have the antenna in a position to easily see the south/southwest lower sky, with few obstructions

don't worry about 'how' or 'where' you run the coax from the antenna to the receiver, just run it thru a window if you need to, or even set up the receiver with the outside TV to get things going...then you can worry about the 'how' and 'where' to run the coax cable then later for a more 'permanent' setup...if you wish.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #6

In my Georgetown if I run the coax from the dish to the basement cable in it Has to run through multiple splitters to get to the multi-switch inside the coach.
This results in signal loss and doesn't allow for receiver set up…

As former has suggested your best bet is to run it straight to the receiver through a window.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #7

Thanks. Will try this
Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #8

Don't know what model GT you or Gohawks have but here it a coax interface dwg for a GT360. The Movie Vision (MV) device is the same interconnect in my GT378. I use a straight shot from the carryout to the sat receiver by disconnecting the park cable input to the MV and connect to the sat receiver. Splitters and such after the sat receiver does not matter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT 360 TV.pdf (301.8 KB, 57 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks View Post
In my Georgetown if I run the coax from the dish to the basement cable in it Has to run through multiple splitters to get to the multi-switch inside the coach.
This results in signal loss and doesn't allow for receiver set up…

As former has suggested your best bet is to run it straight to the receiver through a window.
If you run the satellite dish to the living room TV any other TV (like the outside tv)would not show the same program correct?
dirievi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirievi View Post
If you run the satellite dish to the living room TV any other TV (like the outside tv)would not show the same program correct?
That's correct. You could accomplish that with wireless hdmi and a splitter. Then you could send signal to any tv.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Don't know what model GT you or Gohawks have but here it a coax interface dwg for a GT360. The Movie Vision (MV) device is the same interconnect in my GT378. I use a straight shot from the carryout to the sat receiver by disconnecting the park cable input to the MV and connect to the sat receiver. Splitters and such after the sat receiver does not matter.
Nice drawing, from personal experience, I can confirm that my 2015 335DS is wired exactly the same as the drawing. You can try running through the park cable input in the basement and hooking the receiver up by disconnecting the "cable in" coax and routing that to the receiver. If the receiver has RF out to TV (coax "F" connector) put a short run between the receiver out to TV connector and the "cable in" and you should have whatever the receiver is set to appearing on all the TVs in the coach.

If, for some reason, there is a non satellite compatible splitter in the run from the "park in" to the selector (can't imagine what it would be for?), you could put the receiver in the basement and connect the "out to TV" to the park cable in and get the same results...or you could run the antenna cable through the window as others have said. If you have a coax distribution system, n(i.e. non-HDMI) I would try the cable in first.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite