Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #1

Satellite Factory Prep

Anyone know what is meant by Satellite Prep for the Georgetown/Georgetown SE models actually means? According to the information that I have, these units are prepped from the factory for sat connection. I am just lost as to what the really means.
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #2

Sat Prep

I Believe It Means That A Seperate Line Of Wires Next To The
Cable Wires Is Run Through The Trailer As A Seperate System So
You Can Use Sat And Cable Simaltaneously.
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #3

All the electrical and cables are already installed for a satelitte dome on the roof, if you look at the roof ther is a sticker therr telling the installer wherte the cables end.

2006 F250 6.0 Harley Edition
2008 Cedar Creek Day Dreamer
Keith and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #4

On the georgetown models there is a cap on the roof just above the passenger seat area. Looks just like a vent cap. Remove the single screw and pull the cap off, you will see a hole in the roof with the coax cable for a satellite antenna. The problem I had is that I couldn't find where the cable comes into the inside of the rig. Maybe a tech at FR could tell you. Since I didn't need the regular TV antenna that was installed on the roof I removed it and used the existing coax for it for my satellite dish. The other end of that cable is connected behind the booster plate in a cupboard above the passengers head on our 378ts.
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
Avid outdoorsman

While I don't have a motorhome I would look into the it to make sure they have the factory sat connections promised. I just bought an 2009 Sandstorm toyhauler that was supposed to be sat and cable ready and is not. I am now fighting with the dealer to install this wiring as I had it wrote in the agreement as well to be preped for it. The factory advertised this as being ready for it. It is no small job to run it in properly if it is not in there from factory .
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote