Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #1

Satellite pre-wire

I have the 2010 GT 350 TS. It is supposed to be pre-wired for satellite dish installation. Can anyone with a similar unit tell me where, on the rooof, to find the teminal for the coax cable? Is there a weatherproof junction box or what? In what vicinity of the roof will I find it. While I have not gotten around to having one installed, I am about to install two solar panels and I dont want to cover the rooftop terminal in case I don't recognize it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Lloyd,
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It will be up front, over on the passenger side. It's just another plumbing vent cover, it's just a false top. The cable is down inside. Mine was a pinkish/orange coaxial cable. Your 350 is laid out the same in front as my 370. That cover is above the cabinet above the chair.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #3

Thank you friend.
Lloyd
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #4

Yes its under the vent looking cover on the roof above the passenger seat, u will need to fish it out, you will have about 8 inches or and will need to splice you new coax into that one. I did the one on my 378ts. the only scary part is taking the hole saw and drilling thru the roof for the turn knob. good luck
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #5

Thanks again.
Lloyd
Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

So if I understand correctly, my unit (2010 Georgetown 330 TS) has what appears to be a vent cover on the roof, almost directly over the passenger seat. If I were to remove this cover, I will find a coax end inside, and this is for connection to a sattelite dish? Doesn't this force me to install a dish on the roof somehwere, as opposed to having a dish on the ground and feeding the RV that way? I'm just wondering how this point of connection benefits the user to aim the dish for each time you want to use the sattelite dish to watch TV.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
So if I understand correctly, my unit (2010 Georgetown 330 TS) has what appears to be a vent cover on the roof, almost directly over the passenger seat. If I were to remove this cover, I will find a coax end inside, and this is for connection to a sattelite dish? Doesn't this force me to install a dish on the roof somehwere, as opposed to having a dish on the ground and feeding the RV that way? I'm just wondering how this point of connection benefits the user to aim the dish for each time you want to use the sattelite dish to watch TV.
It's there for those that are adding a dome satelite or roof mount satelite dish. In my case they didn't use it at all, just drilled into the roof through to the open area behind the cap. All cables were fished behind the paneling so there's no sign of them.
Otherwise if you're using a dish to sit on the ground there should be a connection inside the first compartment left of the door. This is for use with a TV outside but you could disconnect it from the selector box inside and use it to hook up to a satelite receiver.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote