Old 02-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #11
Happily Retired Member

I also have the pathway x2. Get great reception. Last week had trees in the way do I went to the western arc. Worked great!

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #12

Yep - great solutions all. As a number of others have pointed out - Dish is a great service and very flexible. Lots of reason to get permanent mounted antenna but in Key West a friend was park partially under a tree and had to move for whatever reason that drove signal loss.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
WDK

If in anyway you mount it to your coach either by ladder mount or roof top it's still attached to you coach with the possibility of tree problems. With the portable I cannot bring myself to pay the coaxial cable and place my dish on a table without some how securing it so that it does not grow legs and walk away. If I get the dreaded tree....I just have to do without sat TV and go to something downloaded on my phone.

WDK
Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #14

WDK - yep
Old 02-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #15
Happily Retired Member

Satellite Question

For dish security, I screw in a couple of dog run ground screws then use a locking cable through both screws and the dish security loop. If someone wanted it bad enough they could probably get it but they would have to work for it and it would take some time and if it takes time to steel it they more than likely will not mess with it. The last two parks I have been to, a MH mounted dish would not have been able to get a signal. With the movable dish I could get it to a position and get a good HD signal.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #16

Satellite follow up and wiring question

First, thanks to all who offered advice in the acquisition of satellite TV for the motorhome. We settled on DISH Tailgater, It came with "free set up". That was a good thing too. What was supposed to take 30 minutes ended up taking the technician 2.5 hours. He ran into issues trying to figure out how / where the cables were run.

This lead us on a search for a wiring diagram for the TV cable connections. We found inputs in the back compartment on the drivers side and the second bay on the right side. Apparently there are splitters in the wiring somewhere.

The Technician ended up putting an RF modulator, and we have service, but I am left with a burning desire for the coax wiring, where splitters(s) might be, etc.

Anybody have such an animal for the 335?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #17

All FR needed to do was run HDMI cables to the TV's. But they were too damn cheap!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #18

on my 335-2014 my tect remove the white plate on the passengers side on the cabinet the splitters were on that hole and he also told me that was wire only for a king dome sat so I end up doing a hole new installation for a travellers sat can,t take a pic because I trade for a 378xl hope this helps these is my own experience

borba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite