Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87CrewDually View Post
I too have the ScanGauge II for my 05 6.0 ford. No question, if you have a 6.0 diesel you need the ScanGauge. Being able to monitor the oil and water temps is huge on the 6 liter. Running at highway speeds empty on flat land you don't want to see the temps 15 degrees or more apart. If you do, IRS time for a coolant flush and cooler change. Also, the FICM needs 13+ volts and needs to put out 47-48.5 volts or you can suffer from injector coil failure. I also on occassion will check the high pressure pump pressure which requires 500psi just to start the engine.
Simply put, one of the best diagnostic and preventative tools I have.

I have two SC II's linked to each other ! And I get to see 8 parameters all at the same time. My only complaint is everytime I cross the border I get asked why I have these up there and what are they
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
I have two SC II's linked to each other ! And I get to see 8 parameters all at the same time. My only complaint is everytime I cross the border I get asked why I have these up there and what are they
I considered doing the same. I heard you're able to piggy back up to 4 units.
For now, the 4 are fine, oil temp, coolant temp, FICM output and trans temp.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87CrewDually View Post
I considered doing the same. I heard you're able to piggy back up to 4 units.
For now, the 4 are fine, oil temp, coolant temp, FICM output and trans temp.
Still working on which 4 I want. Currently engine coolant temp, tranmission temp, MPG and engine oil temp.

What is FCIM?
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #24

I have the Load, Transmission fluid temperature, MPH (for my US trips), Slip (How much the transmission is slipping), instant and average gas consumption, Distance to empty and one more I can't recall right now.

Yes what is FCIM ? I never watch the coolant temperature .. The needle on the truck's gauge never wavered all this time I had her. Does SCII show a big varience on this ?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
I have the Load, Transmission fluid temperature, MPH (for my US trips), Slip (How much the transmission is slipping), instant and average gas consumption, Distance to empty and one more I can't recall right now.

Yes what is FCIM ? I never watch the coolant temperature .. The needle on the truck's gauge never wavered all this time I had her. Does SCII show a big varience on this ?
On Fords, I believe that the coolant temp is "managed". You won't see it waiver because it freaks people out. It won't go off center until something is seriously wrong, after it is too late for you to adjust.

On my Ecoboost, coolant temp is all over the place. Why? Because the turbos are water cooled. If you get into the throttle, coolant temp can go up 10 degrees in seconds. But the dash needle never changes. You would never know that without a ScanGauge or similar. Could be useful to know if your coolant temps are rising in a mountain climb for example. Might give you a chance to back out of it, if necessary, BEFORE you have a bigger problem.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
On Fords, I believe that the coolant temp is "managed". You won't see it waiver because it freaks people out. It won't go off center until something is seriously wrong, after it is too late for you to adjust.
Hmmm...you sure about that? I had the Edge on the F150 and it would show a hotter coolant temp while towing. Maybe I'm thinking transmission temp.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #27
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
Still working on which 4 I want. Currently engine coolant temp, tranmission temp, MPG and engine oil temp.

What is FCIM?
The FICM is on the driver side valve cover on the 6.0 diesel. It's an acronym for Fuel Injection Control Module. You want to monitor a 48 volt reading output to the injectors. If the volts are low for a period of time injectors will start to fail. There are 4 resistors inside that become unsoldered causing this condition. It's a big $$ item if replaced, or take a couple of hours to repair it yourself as long as you know what to look for.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #28

I was considering buying ScanGauge II which cost about $159 but I have a Garmin 2595LMT with a big screen. After looking at the videos I've seen of the Garmin EcoRoute HD for $93 shipped from Amazon I might go that route. I like the look at the guages and how you can modify them.

Here is a video of the Garmin at night on YouTube
Garmin Nuvi 1490T with EcoRoute HD, Nissan Armada 2007 - YouTube

Garmin Communicator - YouTube

$92.99 at Amazon.com no tax and free shipping
Amazon.com: Garmin ecoRoute HD Vehicle Diagnostics Communicator HD: GPS & Navigation

Garmin.com details on EcoRoute
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garmin.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	17580  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
I originally had a scanguageII on my Ford V10, I then purchased a diesel pusher with a 330HP Mercedes. I couldn't use the scanguageII on the diesel because it doesn't have a OBDII plug but a different type of plug that is used on diesel chassis. It works great. I was thinking about selling the scanguageII but I am thinking I could use it in tandem with the scanguageD since I think the only difference is the plug. Anyone know if this is possible?
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45 View Post
I originally had a scanguageII on my Ford V10, I then purchased a diesel pusher with a 330HP Mercedes. I couldn't use the scanguageII on the diesel because it doesn't have a OBDII plug but a different type of plug that is used on diesel chassis. It works great. I was thinking about selling the scanguageII but I am thinking I could use it in tandem with the scanguageD since I think the only difference is the plug. Anyone know if this is possible?
I would contact ScanGauge direct with that question.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I was considering buying ScanGauge II which cost about $159 but I have a Garmin 2595LMT with a big screen. After looking at the videos I've seen of the Garmin EcoRoute HD for $93 shipped from Amazon I might go that route. I like the look at the guages and how you can modify them.

Here is a video of the Garmin at night on YouTube
Garmin Nuvi 1490T with EcoRoute HD, Nissan Armada 2007 - YouTube

Garmin Communicator - YouTube

$92.99 at Amazon.com no tax and free shipping
Amazon.com: Garmin ecoRoute HD Vehicle Diagnostics Communicator HD: GPS & Navigation

Garmin.com details on EcoRoute
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354
I had considered the same thing. I got the Scanguage II because I didn't want to be switching back and forth between the GPS and Ecoroute. Plus, the Scangauge allows me to display more parameters like Boost, Transmission Temp, etc. I did a lot of research and don't think you can go wrong with either. I would also check out the Ultragauge. It's like $59 or so and seemed to be on par with the other 2.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #32

I see most of you have the Garman EcoRoute installed on your trucks.
Has anyone here used it on any Georgetown F-53 Ford Chassis with the V10?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #33

I see most of you have the Garman EcoRoute installed on your trucks.

Has anyone here used it on any Georgetown F-53 Ford Chassis with the V10?
Which guages do you use?
Radiator temp?
Transmission Temp?
Instand mileage?

I haven't bought one but still considering it for my 2012 Georgetown.