Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #21

Very informative video Whisky.With the multiple CCW reciprocity agreements between so many states and various publications listing firearms statutes, being knowledgeable carry rights is easier than ever.
Always remember that as we travel we are in strange territory and we are placing ourselves , families , and possessions in unfamiliar places.
The ideal firearm is the one you have with you!My wife loves her new S&W 9mm Shield because it is only 17 oz and fits so compactly in her purse.
The Springfield XD 5 " Tactical with 17 rounds doesn't usually leave the RV. It has a very bright LED light hanging from the rail to make certain what I am looking at in the dark.
My Glock 26 with tritium nite sights has been pretty much attached to my hip since early 1990's but I am anxiously awaiting a new Boberg Arms xr shorty this week with it's compact bullpup design.
Truthfully I am more fearful of the miserable mess in my home county in South Florida than RV campgrounds which are populated with hard working , level headed dedicated Americans, who work for their well deserved possessions. It is the excuse calling itself civilization invading and taking over our deteriorating cities that troubles me. I will not travel intentionally after dark for fear of breaking down and needing assistance in the RV. There are no security precautions when you are "out there" on the side of the road that suffice.
The thing about "Trophy Wives" Whisky, my friend, is they cost three times as much as the store bought brands.

Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #22

I actually have a plan and once I get a round tuit (asked for one for Xmas) I will install a car type alarm with movement sensor in the TT.

If I was keeping my TT at a storage place, I think ensuring they have good security is paramount - and bribe someone to be parked right next to a security cam if needed. Then put a note on the trailer door saying "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" with an arrow pointing at the cam.

2013 - 15
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #23

Here is my security.
One will rip you apart and ond one will lick you to death.
Guess which one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bull Dog 001.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	22442  

Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #24

I've been out of the loop on mobile electronics for a while, but I'm pretty sure they make car alarms that can send alerts to a smart phone. Would be quite easy to install one of these on a MH, TH, FW, etc.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan JS View Post
..My wife..S&W 9mm Shield..Springfield XD 5 " Tactical..Glock 26..Boberg Arms xr shorty..with it's compact bullpup design..

..The thing about "Trophy Wives" Whisky, my friend, is they cost three times as much as the store bought brands.
My CCWs are a Makarov 9x18 and the Sig 938

I'm retired but my Wife still works (and loves it) and isn't expensive for me at all. She has her own $s and we share mine - she, as a matter of fact, just purchased her own Glock 19 an Ruger LCR .357 (and she loves my Sig 938 so she'll probably wind-up buying one for herself)..

beware the zombies all.....Bill
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Here is my security.
One will rip you apart and ond one will lick you to death.
Guess which one?
No way, Iggy. Tell me the poodle is a killer?
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Not sure how securing a motor home became a gun debate.
I think we have chewed the gristle out of this bone enough, so if there are no objections I will close the thread.
Herk

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Closed Thread