Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Seiki Bedroom TV Question

My bedroom Seiki tv does not work when hooked up to cable at RV parks. It works perfectly when viewing over the air tv shows (with the antennae amplifier button activated).

My main Furion tv works with over the air and park cable connections. I do not need any "special" park cable tv boxes for it to work.

Is the bedroom Seiki tv missing a built in tuner/receiver that will allow it to work with park cable tv signals, as well as still receive over the air signals?
Richsantaclarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

Seiki TVs are not capable of tuning digital cable channels. They can tune in analog cable if the park has it. I had 4 of them in our motorhome.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 PM   #3

I'm not really familiar with your particular rig but just wondering if the bedroom is actually connected to the cable run? I've had campers that only had OTA going to the bedroom or would have a separate connector for Sat. Just a thought, I had a Seiki and can't remember having any trouble receiving park cable. Maybe none of those parks had digital cable so I could be out in left field here. Not disagreeing with BigHomey, just my observations.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:11 PM   #4

I don't think there is cable feed from the Cable input.
I think the imput only comes from the antenna.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #5

We had the same issue. It’s definitely the TV. It doesn’t have a digital tuner. It’s a known issue. We received money from FR for us to buy a new TV. I bought one on Amazon. Installed it and no more issues.
teamg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:27 PM   #6

Same Seiki issue. Inferior tuners. Dealer wouldn’t t listen and said TVs (3) were bad and had FR replace under warranty. Finally FR replaced with a Furrion TV and no more problems A couple of years ago someone posted on this site that they bought some type of converter box and this solved the issue
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:42 PM   #7

Replaced both of my TVs last weekend. The bedroom one for the same reason (no ability to tune in digital cable) and the living room one because the remote was awful. Even with new batteries the remote had to be within 3 to 4 feet of the TV. Got some nice Samsung smart TVs at Sams for $189 each and added sound bars too. Also, on the bedroom TV where the coax cable exited from under the bunks and connected to a splitter the coax was zip tied so tight with some other cables that it apparently was causing a kink or some such problem which affected reception. I cut that zip tie and smoothed out the coax bend and that fixed that problem.

Tags
bed, roo