Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #1

Post Semi-old question re 377TS revisited

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum as we just traded in our old 2008 Tioga for a "new" 2013 XL 377TS.

In searching the forum for info on 377TS, I came across several threads from last year where questions were being asked about how people like theirs, but there did not seem to be a whole lot of answers. I don't know if that was because the model was just introduced in the 2013 line and there was not a whole lot of info out there, or because everybody loved theirs so much and was out using it no one had time to post about it, or because everybody hated theirs so much no one wanted bring up a sore subject.

Anyways, I thought if you don't mind, I will re-visit the question. Those of you out there who own an XL 377TS (13 or 14), how do you like it? Any problems with it I should watch out for?

Any input, suggestions, good stories or bad stories you care to share would be appreciated.
vakeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #2

This question has been asked if you search around here for that model.
I think it is a reasonable size motorhome with a lot of open space up front and very little wasted space.
Only you can make the final decision what to buy or not.
If you look at as many gas motorhome you will see over time the differences.
Most all sit on a Ford F-53 chassis with a V-10.

I have a XL 378TS because of the very large open area in the living room area.
If I had to do it all over again I would have liked a King size bed instead of the short queens they have in most rig.

I would suggest you get one with the electric fire place.
If you live in a hot climate get the upgraded AC unit up front.
I also would stay with the XL line because it comes with lots of standard stuff the regular Georgetown doesn't have.
Lots of extras.

No matter what they say the price is... $149,999 you can easily get them down to around $110,000 if you are good at buying things.

Good luck

Also check here
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...7ts-35367.html
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #3

Thanks Iggy. This one has all the bells and whistels you mentioned, and we got it for 1/3 off the MSRP, and they gave me a pretty decent deal on my Tioga, so I think I did well.

I was actually looking thru your old posts hoping to find a PDI list I can use. Do you by any chance have one, or can direct me to where I may find one?

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakeel View Post
Thanks Iggy. This one has all the bells and whistels you mentioned, and we got it for 1/3 off the MSRP, and they gave me a pretty decent deal on my Tioga, so I think I did well.

I was actually looking thru your old posts hoping to find a PDI list I can use. Do you by any chance have one, or can direct me to where I may find one?

Thanks.
As a suggestion I would video tape the PDI to refer back in the future.
DO NOT DRIVE IT HOME IF YOU FIND ANYTHING MAJOR WRONG.
LEAVE IT UNTIL YOU ARE 100% satisfied.

Make sure you start on the outside.
Go up on the roof and inspect all caulking and seams.
You shouldn't have any bubbles in the fiberglass roof and no cracking of any caulking. The color should be clean white all over.

Where do you hookup the water.
Where is the power cord
Where is the sewer hookup
Where is the black water flush line.
Where is city water hooked up
What is this box here for?
How do I start ten generator
What is the weight on the tow hitch?
What is the proper tire pressure? Have they been checked today for what it says on the wall plaque behind the drivers seat wall?
Have you the dealer done a complete inspection of all fluids, belts brakes, etc?

Now inside will take longer.
Make sure the RV is plugged in to power just like at a campground.
Turn on and off everything a few times.
Have him show you where the 12 volt TV amplifier is located which must be on to view local TV
Does the refrigerator work on 12 volt DC, Propane and Electric?
How do I change the temp of the refrigerator?
What is the size of the black water tank?
What is the size of the grey water tank?
How much drinking water can I can in holding tank?
How can I tell my levels in the tanks?
Doe sit have hydraulic levelers? If so have them show you how they work. Do I need the engine running? Do I have to have the parking brake set?
Where is the hydraulic tank that I can check fluid level.
If I lose all power where is the main breaker?
Do I have a power invertor for the refrigerator? Where is located?
Take out all the slides in and out a few times and they shouldn't trip any breakers. Inspect all the lines for any hydraulic leaks as this has been in the past a big issue.
Make sure you get a bottle of touchup paint for every color plus clear coat.
Make sure they install the water filter and you have the special tool to unscrew the water filter outside.
Have him show you the water heater valves to show you how to bypass the water heater during winter storage.
You should also get a pile of paper from every piece of equipment.
Make sure they notify you are the new owner to Forest River and Ford Motor Company

If the MH drives on the highway and difficult to keep straight notify Forest River ASAP and they will give you authorization to take it to a Ford dealer for front end alignment. This is usually needed after the build as the weight has changed on the chassis. They did mine and it drives effortlessly at 65 mph.

Did the dealer fill up the 80 gallon gas tank?
Is the propane tank full?
Is it washed and cleaned inside and out?

Ask the dealer...
I will make a list of problems over the next few weeks and want to schedule now a date to return it to you to fix.

Also take digital pictures of all the equipment labels, stickers, wall stickers with VIN# as well as many many pictures of everything inside and out.

I think this is enough for tonight.
I'm sure other will add more.

Good Luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #6

Thank you very much. That is a great check list.