Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
Service woes... *sigh*

I had my coach winterized by Total Value RV (down the street from Forest River) since that's where April sub'ed out my warranty work to be done. Well, the winter went by and the summer came...with a leaky residential fridge. In fact, after looking at it, there wasn't any pink in the ice maker nor did they take out the water filter. Thus, just sloppy work and another headache.

No worries, I have Good Sam and an extended warranty however they don't cover freeze damage (which I knew)... however I thought bringing it to Camping World would help me get work done. NOT! I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment (which is fine due to it being mid-June). I brought it in on July 9th and it's been sitting there ever since! I even asked them if they can address residential fridges prior to bringing it to them and the answer was "YES!". Yet, upon getting it there, they couldn't address it and needed to pull in someone! Ugh!

Now, for the past several weeks, they're pointing fingers and can't tell me if the work has been completed and verified. So I told them that I was coming to pick up and they said I'd have to pay for the work which has been done thus far (ransom). I called corporate Camping World but I don't have much hopes... this whole service thing really is making me want to dump it and get out of camping. It's just SUCH a time suck! Sorry... I just needed to vent since I've already wasted SO much time on the phone with incompetent people. *sigh*

Cumming, GA
2013 Georgetown 351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Sorry for your issues.

As far as the ice maker not being winterized, most units do not have one so it could be easily forgotten about or they had no idea it existed.

As far as leaving the filter in while winterizing is no big deal.

you still have to drain the filter housing prior to sanitizing the system so remove the filter then.

I'd pick the camper up ice maker or not and go camping man!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Pick up the camper and go camping. It's an ice maker. Plenty of people camp everyday without one.

Find a different dealer or local handyman to get this fixed. New Ice makers don't seem to be that expensive.

Ford 2015 F250 Crew Lariat Ultimate 6.7L Diesel 4X4

my_crib_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
There is a huge, gigantic, big as the Grand Canyon hole in the RV service business, well, a quality RV service business. Someone should capitalize on this.
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote