Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

Several Georgetown 329DS Questions

We're new to Forest River, having traded our Winnebago, and while the RV is nice, the documentation and owner's manual SUCK! I have several questions that I'm hoping experienced FR owners can answer.

I've put the actual questions in bold for easy reading. The rest is amplifying information.

1. There is a coax wall connection with a push button switch inside the front cabinet above the passenger seat. Inside this cabinet is also the signal selector; Ant/Cable/Sat. We have a new-fangled HD antenna that does not raise/lower like the Winegard on our Winnie. The antenna kind of looks like the old boomerang antennas from 1980's limos. The control box has a power switch and a series of 5 blue LED lights that display signal quality, that is mounted in the center of our ceiling. You turn on the power switch and rotate for best signal quality. Here's the weird part, when you turn OFF the coax switch in the front cabinet it will kill power to the antenna module. WHY? In our Winnie, the coax switch WAS the signal booster. Also, what is the purpose of the coax connector? Satellite/DVD input or additional output?? The owners manual goes as far as to say that your RV is equipped with TV's.

2. I have an auxiliary quick-disconnect propane fitting outside. Is this for low pressure (no regulator on the appliance) or high pressure (regulator on the appliance) service?We had an Extend-A-Stay on our Winnie and loved it. I would much rather use RV propane that worry about the green bottles, but if the propane fitting is for low pressure then I'm screwed. I want to ask the question before I buy any adapters or new appliances. The owner's manual doesn't even mention this quick disconnect. The dealer didn't know the answer.

3. My backup camera documentation references the ability to have path lines displayed on the monitor. What does it take to make the path lines appear? I used small strips of masking tape as path lines on my Winnie's monitor, but I'm trying to keep our brand new unit looking less "user modified" as possible.

4. I have the Furrion house radio with DVD/USB/AUX/Bluetooth/etc. Sadly it doesn't play Blu-Ray. I'm sure Furrion doesn't want to pay the royalties to Sony to include the Blu-Ray option. Does anyone know of a direct replacement for this Furrion radio that will play Blu-Ray?

I'm at work so if anyone needs specific part or model numbers to answer my questions I will get them for you as soon as I get home. Thank you for all your help.
Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #2

On my 2014 328TS the lines show up on the back up camera monitor automatically when the transmission is in reverse.
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #3

I can't answer all of your questions, but when I first took delivery, the path lines were disabled, but I went through the menu and turned them on...Gotta play around in the menu, you won't hurt the system...

I had my dealer replace the original in dash head unit with a GPS/DVD/XM head unit and love it (Panasonic, I think). The dealer outsourced the job to a local car stereo installation place and they fabricated an entire new panel in the dash that looks like it came from the factory that way...I would just get a cheap BluRay player and hook it up in the cable outlet cabinet. It would be easier and much less expensive.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #4

Do you have a pic of your new dash you could post? Many of us believe that Forest River cut some corners in the original dash design.
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiseman View Post
Do you have a pic of your new dash you could post? Many of us believe that Forest River cut some corners in the original dash design.
Check this thread for a pic I posted earlier:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-72857-3.html
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #6

The gas port is low pressure. I have a coleman grill that I converted by taking off their regulator and turning it into a quick connect and with a 10' hose, I'm set up and in business. You have to separate the Coleman regulator from the fitting as the fitting into the grill is proprietary and you won't find one anywhere. The regulator is screwed on but the treads are sealed I was able to put mine in a vise and bust the seal to unscrew the regulator. I also made sure to use the tread goop instead of the yellow tape, and it is labeled safe for cooking or food use, something like that if I remember correctly) I ordered the quick disconnect fitting online and the couple of other fittings came from a quick trip to Lowe's. Worked so well I made a T fitting so I can have the grill and the propane fire ring plugged in at the same time. I checked for leaks, all good. No green cans needed at all.

As for the bluray, I just installed a WIFI Bluray separately in the living room and in the master. We have a 2015 364TS and both were relatively easy to install. I think the problem you'll find installing bluray in the cable outlet cabinet is that you will need to run an HDMI cable to the TV. Unless your TV is nearby. In my unit the cable box in in the passenger side overhead front cabinet, my TV is in the kitchen mounted on a swingout door. I found a couple of decorative brackets, mounted on the side of the cabinet under the small cabinet over the door, made an access hole up into the cabinet and then through into the cabinet with the TV for the power cord and HDMI cable. The wifi let's us watch netflix when we have a signal.

In the master I made a shelf for over the TV, Connected HDMI cable to TV and ran power cord with power cord for TV into the wall and into the same outlet the TV is plugged in. Took out one of the drawers went to Lowe's and matched the color stain and installed. Looks and works great.

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #7

Question

I don't have the answers but I also just traded a winy for a georgetown. The books are useless. Winnebago did a great job. I miss the support from Winnebago.
paperbbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #8

Thank you, DarrenK, I found the lines on the rear view camera. Sadly, they are for distance more than side clearance. I have a small wifi blu-ray player that I moved over from my Winnie. I put that in the bedroom and was hoping to get a Furrion replacement for the front, but there aren't any.

Thank you, Stern, for the propane port info. Taking the regulator off my grill will be easy. I will be getting another blu-ray player for the living room.

I completely agree about the dash. I'm already looking at ways to move the monitor for a better view.

Again, thank you all!
Old 08-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #9

Elexwiz, I'm retired Navy as well. Happy Camping!

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #10

Georgetown

I have a 2014 335 and I to experienced a lack of manuals. I simply made a list of manuals I wanted wrote down model numbers of equip. and went on line and got every manual I would ever need, got a hole punch and put them all in a zipped binder.
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #11

Really can't beat Winnie for their manuals and product number library in future years. My GT manuals sucked compared to what I had with my Allegro, but no company is perfect as we all know.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
I have a 2014 335 and I to experienced a lack of manuals. I simply made a list of manuals I wanted wrote down model numbers of equip. and went on line and got every manual I would ever need, got a hole punch and put them all in a zipped binder.
It's not so much the lack of manuals but rather the lack of information IN the manuals. The Georgetown "Owner's Manual" is the same manual they ship with every class A gas coach. There's a "supplement" which is 4 sheets stapled together that include items such as the ICC switch on the dash, the Arctic Pac tank heaters, and how to turn on the map lights (not kidding, it actually has that). My Winnie owner's manual was about 1" think and wire bound. It was all-inclusive and model specific.

I'm not trying to , just wanted to explain the lack of manuals isn't the problem.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #13

Easiest way to use WIFI sources like Netflix is to buy a Roku that plugs directly into an HDMI port on your TV. No big box required and you can use it on any TV set you own that has an HDMI port. Roku costs about $40 at BestBuy. Very user friendly and works with Hulu and other providers.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown