Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
Thank you.....if you can get it, use a 5" PVC or ABS. The locking knobs on the slinky hose fittings were just a little big to fit through the ridge of the coupling needed for your cap so I had to file that down as well as the knobs to make it slide in and out the way it should.

WDK
Thanks for the tip. Our hose has a 90* bend so I have to measure to see what it'll fit into. I went out and looked to see about installing it like you did, but ours is not the same and cannot be installed there. However, there is room on the wheel well, but if installed towards the back...in other words parallel with the side of the coach.

Anyone else with a 351 and a hose storage mod?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Edit:
Looks like there may be some attachment points underneath by the TOAD hookup...

You can use my Mod as a template - I used 5x5 fencepost for 2 main reasons:
1. It's lighter yet still as durable (those 4" PVC pipes are thick!)
2. You can use a 4 1/2" PVC gutter as a slider - which also doubles as a ramp for your sewer line!

Here's the Forum link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post592490
Now that's a good idea. I wouldn't install anything under the hitch though. I've already ripped off the plug on a little bit of a road dip and something sticking down 5" will definitely hit the ground.

WDK, I was going to ask the same question about rubbing against the tire but figured you already measured it. I mean, the distance from where it sits to the rubber bumper. Four inches may seem like a lot, but if the suspension travel is there it could bottom out and rip the pipe right off. I wouldn't think anything serious could happen since the pipe would be the weak point.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #23

I used the 5x5 fence post. Cut a hole 5"x5" in the back wall of the compartment that contains the dump valve and pushed the tube straight in and across the motohome. Had to cut pipe to 7 feet. Made brackets to mt it to the frame. Used a cap for each end. Used a 4.5 rain gutter as a slide draw. Works great. Drill holes so pipe will drain. Everything is hidden under the 2008 370 Georgetown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #24

I went and got 4" black PVC with the accessories but it doesn't fit my Rhino Flex hose by far. Couldn't find 5" so I will be returning it and see if I can find some fence post stuff.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #25

We are in Michigan. Home Depot just what we needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #26
WDK

I did have to work the coupling on my 4" ABS pipe....again about 20 minutes worth of work....quicker with the proper tool....the question is, which is cheaper, a new sewer hose that more easily fit the 4 inch or the fence post stuff....my 90's on my sewer hose are detachable and used as needed depending on the dump site.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
I did have to work the coupling on my 4" ABS pipe....again about 20 minutes worth of work....quicker with the proper tool....the question is, which is cheaper, a new sewer hose that more easily fit the 4 inch or the fence post stuff....my 90's on my sewer hose are detachable and used as needed depending on the dump site.

WDK
My hose won't even fit in the pipe itself. I really like my Rhino Flex though. A 5" PVC would be perfect, but I don't think they make it. I'm going to have to get the fence post stuff. The PVC pipe would have been perfect since it's already black and like the roundness instead of the square post.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I went and got 4" black PVC with the accessories but it doesn't fit my Rhino Flex hose by far. Couldn't find 5" so I will be returning it and see if I can find some fence post stuff.
Got all I needed from Lowes - the fence post is over by the lumber section--be careful, they have 2 sizes the dreded 4x4 and the 5x5 you want! The gutter slider is, well, over in the rain gutter section
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #29
Retired Ford Tech

I used a 5x5 fence post from Lowes. I used the 4 1/2 gutter as a slider. I used 1 inch round dowels as handles to pull the gutter from the inside of the post. I have a Rhino Extreme and it fits fine. I mounted it right behind the hitch, and spaced it 3 inches below the frame. It fit fine. If I can figure out how to load pics, I'll send them along. I got the idea from this forum, but the fellow had a trailer, same idea though.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 AM   #30

Thanks, trip to Lowes it is.