Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #1

Angry Shades falling

What a pita reinstalling roller shades. I've had the bedroom and dinette shades fall d/t bracket failure. I called Irvine and they sent new brackets and said use 3 brackets instead of 2. The valance leave no room for access.
Now just waiting for the one above the couch to fall.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks View Post
What a pita reinstalling roller shades. I've had the bedroom and dinette shades fall d/t bracket failure. I called Irvine and they sent new brackets and said use 3 brackets instead of 2. The valance leave no room for access.

Now just waiting for the one above the couch to fall.

We’ll, we have had the shades pop off the brackets and have been left hanging by one. Finally the dining banquet shade broke off and Irvine set out new brackets. Totally an impossible area to fix yourself and we had them professionally done to have that shade keep popping off. And then finally last week the shade over the sofa fell off and fell behind the sofa. It was wedged. We had to take the handles off the window, open the sofa bed up to reduce the pressure on the back so we could twist it out behind the sofa. We are waiting for new brackets to come from Irvine. I hear you on this and it’s a major problem. Apparently they don’t install enough brackets in the installation process. I am sorry I don’t have a solution.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdavido View Post
We’ll, we have had the shades pop off the brackets and have been left hanging by one. Finally the dining banquet shade broke off and Irvine set out new brackets. Totally an impossible area to fix yourself and we had them professionally done to have that shade keep popping off. And then finally last week the shade over the sofa fell off and fell behind the sofa. It was wedged. We had to take the handles off the window, open the sofa bed up to reduce the pressure on the back so we could twist it out behind the sofa. We are waiting for new brackets to come from Irvine. I hear you on this and it’s a major problem. Apparently they don’t install enough brackets in the installation process. I am sorry I don’t have a solution.

I'm just waiting for the shades about sofa to fall. If it wasn't such a pain to replace them I would add another bracket now.
I found the easiest way to reinstall them is to mount the brackets on the shade rail then screw the brackets back up on the valance. its tough to see what your doing but with 2 people, a long extension bit on driver, zip tying the shades to get them out of the way and a lot of 4 letter words it can be done.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #4

The bracket for the sofa shade is an L bracket and it mounts to the side wall of the coach. Unlike, the dining shade mounts to the top of the cornice. Two different brackets.
It appears the sofa shade is easier to install because you can remove the cornice independently. Where the dining room is one complete issue.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

Reading your posts I’m sorta wondering what type shades they put in the newer units, we have a 2011 and in the bedroom and dining area we have drapes, the one shade we have is over the couch and it’s a pleated day night shade, I’ve taken in down a few times for cleaning, it’s a snap to get in and out with a clip in bracket that screws into the valance board. We have never had any problem with and of our coverings, looks like new units went cheap on it. Sorry guys, don’t know what to say about your problems. Safe travels and travel on.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Reading your posts I’m sorta wondering what type shades they put in the newer units, we have a 2011 and in the bedroom and dining area we have drapes, the one shade we have is over the couch and it’s a pleated day night shade, I’ve taken in down a few times for cleaning, it’s a snap to get in and out with a clip in bracket that screws into the valance board. We have never had any problem with and of our coverings, looks like new units went cheap on it. Sorry guys, don’t know what to say about your problems. Safe travels and travel on.

We have dual roller shades. One is a privacy roller shade and the other shade is a blackout. Dual roller shades mounted on one head rail. Self closing spring mechanism operate both shades.