Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Same here only I used the following type of anchor with 3/4" screws. They come in an 1/8" depth for paneling. Don't leave home wthout them! Our closet hanger angle I'll call it actually was secured to the framing behind the luan. However they only had 2 screws in the entire angle, 1 at each end. I just added 4 more from the collection of screws I've found when the drawer bracket broke and I pulled out the drawer to replace the plastic rail holder. In my case I pop riveted the drawer rails to angle I ran from the floor to bottom of the TV opening. They aren't going anywhere now.

Name:   ATP-Plastic%20Toggle%20Anc.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  17.7 KB

They are available in an 1/8" depth at the top for use on paneling. I purchased 3/4" screws to use seperately.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
I also added a 3/16" x 2" wide strip of metal under each end of the table to stop it from warping or bending, works great.

jerry929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #13

That is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! We just bought our unit and I have added a few things the wife wanted. I have been worried about the screws "catching" anything at all... Thanks you!

Stay low and safe fellow firefighter!

Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
Over time, you, like many of us, will have replaced all/most of the screws with expanding panel mollies, like these: Crown Bolt Zinc Plated #6-32 x 1 in. Hollow Wall Anchor with Truss Head Combo Drive Screw - 00469 at The Home Depot.

They are actually quite strong, and I've used them in a number of different applications.
2016 Puma 30RLIS
2011 Catalina 19RD - totalled by hail
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
Closet rod fell off in our new 360 on the first just installed a new rod made of one and a half inch closet rod (wood) stained it and attatched it at both ends with endcaps into a piece of 1 inch fir and then to the 2 x 2 wall framing in the is strong enough now to hang myself on while I figure out how to rectify all the other things that are falling apart on this rig....
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
Charlie's got the right thing and there is a better coach at the same price ,infact how after seven years with my Georgetown I have found two better built.
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Originally Posted by louis cherry View Post
Charlie's got the right thing and there is a better coach at the same price ,infact how after seven years with my Georgetown I have found two better built.
There are lots of better built, but not at these price points!

I'm on my fourth Forest River product, know what to expect, and eat whatever costs it takes for me to have a pretty high-level RV at entry level cost.
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #17
My wife and I love our 2005 375 xl

Yes, we have a few problems, but coming form a 1985, gas guzzling, falling apart MH, this is the Hilton. I can take a few things needing fixing to live in the luxury our coach gives us. We have learned over the years with our older coach to take it easy on these things. My wife kept the older one so clean the saleman couldn't believe it was 26 years old. If you take good care of your MH, it will take care of you.
I have to admit to finding a few screws loose in the compartments, but just figured the assymblers were sloppy. I will take a closer look next time out.
Now, if I could just figure out how to get my microwave out to get it serviced!!

Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #18
To all who replied, Thanks, there are some great ideas here and they will help, I guess my biggest lament is a new vehicle should not have to be rebuilt by the purchaser, or FR should send me a check for repairs and catching their lack of quality control. Thanks again, I do like my Coach, it fits my needs perfectly, and from the floor down, it is amazing in storage and running gear, love the v10, just not crazy about the severe down shift on minor hills in OD, but driving by foot is better for fuel any way.. Thanks again all the good folks on this site are super.
Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #19
Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
I doubt very much that the screws holding your hanging brackets were just into the luan. Since we are full timers we loaded our 378TS before we left the dealer. The bracket fell before it was half full. The screws were into the framing but not long enough to go thru the foam backed ceiling and get enough threads into the framing. The tech replaced the 1" long screws with 2" and it's been fine ever since and I have big heavy clothes with every slot filled. I am very happy with my Georgetown. This my fist motorhome but having owned four fifthwheels from entry level to high end I know there are things that don't get assembled properly and slip by QC in all of them. It's the nature of the business. Assemblers are paid per unit not by the hour. We toured the Georgetown factory in Elkhart and it was almost empty at 2 PM because they had made their quota for the day. This practice is true for $95000 hazards or $175000 diesel pushers. Some of the very high end MH's are assembled one at at time, though. It's hard to beat the bang for the buck you get in a Georgetown.
Don & Carol Niemeyer and Sandy
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master Diesel Pusher
2011 Chevy Equinox Toad
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #20
Originally Posted by louis cherry View Post
Not everyone can afford to purchase the better built units. A few bolts, screws, towel bars, etc. that come loose is a small price to pay for being able to afford the RV lifestyle.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote