Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #21

4 pair of jeans, 3 pair of shorts and 10 shirts sounds like what my DW would take for a weekend trip! I'd better check the closet rods before she really loads it up.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #22
2011 Berkshire 390bh

If you think that spending more money will eliminate problems then think again. We were in Bar Harbor and started talking to one of our neighbors in his $350,000 Tiffin Allegro Bus. Tiffin had messed up the design of the exhaust and it had burned through and was now threatening to melt all of his wiring harnesses. Here this 71 year old guy was under his rig trying to gerryrig a fix so he could drive it up to Bangor for permanent fix.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #23

Most of the responses from owners of 378s seems that their closets are better constructed. Mine had the multi opening white metal hanger and appears that the screws were either screwed into the thin luan above the padded ceiling or too short (1in) to reach solid wood beam. I tried to re insert the screws and the threads would not catch and screw went all way to head. I have coach in shop now to see what is going to happen about repair.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
We just returned from our first trip with our 2012 Georgetown 378. We traveled the North to south road around the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec. We traveled some real "challenging" roads. Our closet was fine. It is now at the dealer to deal with our list of 14 items. The large slide needs to be adjusted and the screen door is warped and did not fit right from day one. All the others are only little adjustments that a few years down the road I would do my self. It would be nice if Forest River owners manual was more complete. I did find the manual for the Lippert levelling system and slide system on the internet. When I compare the Georgetown to our first fifth wheel the Georgetown is almost perfect.
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #25

Shake down repaired

Well everything that fell apart on firs long run, has now been fixed at my dealership. They had to completely redo the closet rod. I tried it and I could swing from it now. I am very, very pleased with the all the repairs. Still upset with FR that numerous items had to be completely reworked because of factory flaws. I do love the design and layout of this coach and the running gear is excellent, FR just cut too many corners. For now all is well and looking forward many more trips. Happy traveling to all.