Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #1

She's all Pretty Again

Man, what a work out especially after a long lazy winter. Collinite 476 went easy on the black paint. However 303 Aerospace was a PITA on these graphics. I've been using it for years on all sorts of stuff, but for some reason on these graphics it streaks and it's hard to get a nice even shine. Still need to RainX the windshield inside out.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

Nice job, looks good we just pulled our cover off and I will be getting my workout in.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

Looks great! Not sure what you used but I have found the microfiber clothes work much better at buffing the 303 than just a soft cotton cloth.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #4

Your hard work really paid off, she looks great!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Looks great! Not sure what you used but I have found the microfiber clothes work much better at buffing the 303 than just a soft cotton cloth.
I use nothing but microfiber, but due to Tennis elbow, maybe I didn't put enough elbow grease.

Taking the kids out fishing for the weekend up at Indian Lake State Park. Having a dirty coach is bad luck for fishing.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #6

Very nice!!
Can you come to my house
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I use nothing but microfiber, but due to Tennis elbow, maybe I didn't put enough elbow grease.

Taking the kids out fishing for the weekend up at Indian Lake State Park. Having a dirty coach is bad luck for fishing.
Please don't misunderstand me. The microfiber clothes aren't the perfect solution. I have bursitis in both shoulders so it usually take me two days to get it all done. Every time I think I have it all buffed out I find another spot I missed.

Good Luck with the fishing! Hope the weather there is as nice as its going to be here this weekend.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo bamboo View Post
Very nice!!
Can you come to my house
Absolutely, when it starts snowing again
Old 04-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Please don't misunderstand me. The microfiber clothes aren't the perfect solution. I have bursitis in both shoulders so it usually take me two days to get it all done. Every time I think I have it all buffed out I find another spot I missed.

Good Luck with the fishing! Hope the weather there is as nice as its going to be here this weekend.
Agree, just when I think it's done I find another spot. I think I'll use the buffer next time.

I can't believe it rained last night. Better wet than frozen though.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
Happy Member

Very nice job....she looks shiny...(I noticed the awning hasn't been replaced).
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #11

i've found that if you use too much 303 it does as you described, use sparingly and spread it out then buff with a separate cloth... beautiful rig
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #12
phat phrog stunt crew

Very nice looking. Now, get it out there and kill some bugs in your travels.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT4six View Post
Very nice job....she looks shiny...(I noticed the awning hasn't been replaced).
Funny thing is, I don't miss it. We are up at the lake camping and the only thing that makes me think about the missing awning is the 100 PMH tape on the side.

We have a 1000 deductible and still trying to decided to DIY or take it somewhere. One place quoted me 1030 for the awning while another one 850. Haven't had a claim with the insurance company for a long long time.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjb View Post
i've found that if you use too much 303 it does as you described, use sparingly and spread it out then buff with a separate cloth... beautiful rig
Agree, maybe too much. After it rained I noticed streaks everywhere especially around the darker areas. Never noticed it before on though. This is the first one we've had with paint and dark colors. You don't notice it in the white gelcoat. It'll need more elbow grease when we get home from camping.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
Very nice looking. Now, get it out there and kill some bugs in your travels.
LOL. We drove about 1.5 hours yesterday evening to our favorite park to enjoy the weekend. I swear I must have splattered 1000 gigantic bugs on the entire front end. Some of the bugs where so big they had landing gear on them. I wish there was a front bra available. Good thing is that the front end got a good coat of Collinite and it'll be pretty easy to clean.

I noticed that the upper grill's black paint is started to peel off. It appears as if it was originally a chrome grill that was sprayed painted in black. Anyone else having the same issue?
Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #16

Fine job, the coach looks great. Happy camping and fishing!!!
----------------------------
Nights camping:
(31) 2014, (18) 2013, (62) 2012, (57) 2011
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #17

Looks great! Time to enjoy it.

I stopped at an RV wash in Arizona a couple of weeks ago to clean off the dirt from driving through the rain in Texas. Not only did the Georgetown come out nice and clean, but I had forgotten that my reddish-brown Jeep Wrangler toad was actually white...
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #18

Real pretty!! I have to google all the stuff you used to wash your rig with. Had never heard of it before. Ours is terribly dirty right now and will be going to Florida in about 2 weeks and need it to look nice and spiffy. Where do you buy your stuff?

Edited to say:

Googled it. Have to say I'm such a newbie at this. Does the 303 take care of the black streaks? That's the main problem with the rig right now. Someone told me to use Scrubbin Bubbles. No kidding. Does that work too?
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #19

Most dollar stores carry "Totally Awesome". Works good on black streaks. However, don't let it dry on your rig and it will take the wax with the streaks. If it does dry on the rig, you need to use soap and water to get it off. I use it sparingly. And re-wax the area I used it on.

I use 303 like I use to use Armor All. Tires, vinyl, colored plastics and rubber surfaces.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnlife1973 View Post
Real pretty!! I have to google all the stuff you used to wash your rig with. Had never heard of it before. Ours is terribly dirty right now and will be going to Florida in about 2 weeks and need it to look nice and spiffy. Where do you buy your stuff?

Edited to say:

Googled it. Have to say I'm such a newbie at this. Does the 303 take care of the black streaks? That's the main problem with the rig right now. Someone told me to use Scrubbin Bubbles. No kidding. Does that work too?
I get all of my stuff online usually Amazon or Ebay which ever one has it cheapest. 303 is just a UV protectant that is recommended for vinyl decals that are exposed to the sun. Wax is not good for decals. It won't help with black streaks. I used a spray specifically designed for RV streaks and it didn't work that well. I wonder if scrubbing bubbles will work. If you have old black streaks that are hard to remove from your gelcoat, try a light rubbing compound either by hand or with a buffer. I bought a really nice boat down in FL once that was basically new, but the owner left it outside for a few years. I took a buffer with compound and it looked like it just came off the showroom floor.

Edit: I also spray 303 on the dash, seats, all rubber moldings, slide seals, etc. Basically, anything rubber or vinyl that it is exposed to the sun. I even spray the tires with it. Heck, I love that stuff so much I don't use sunblock anymore. LOL