Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
Junior Member
DAB2014's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 23

I had similar situation. Was getting 23+ volts when checking with meter from MH to probe in ground (dirt ground). Eventually went to 70+ volts. Only happened when plugged in at home to 15A thru adapters. Eventually determined it was a bad ground (open) connection on female end of 30A extension cord. Replaced female connection and all is well.

Good luck


2013 Georgetown 335DS
KIA Rhondo on tow dolly
DAB2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #12
Junior Member
tandem54's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Surprise, AZ.
Posts: 27
Make sure the ground prong on your extension cord is not missing.

That is what it was on my MH, broken ground prong!

Forest River Lexington Grand Touring.
tandem54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #13
Senior Member
SeaDog's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,676
X2 what WMTIRE said be very careful
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
scootingranny's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 364
Very tragic story. Be very careful Boy, three, fatally electrocuted by touching parent's trailer door handle while standing on wet ground | Daily Mail Online
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360 IBL
2014 Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel 6.7 4wd Crew Cab Dually
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 156

Home/house neutral and ground wired together. TTs ground and neutral ARE separate (they are supposed to be separate), sounds like TT missing neutral/ground, check your plug, cord and house outlet. TT is on rubber insulators/tires.
D. J. Schuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:00 AM   #16
Senior Member
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 2,102
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
Is it static electricity or an actual electrical shock. I'd be surprised if you're getting shocked through the paint but it's certainly possible. Have you taken an electrical meter with one end to ground and see if you're getting any voltage readings on your camper?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I am guessing static ele is not a problem in Florida ???
Unlike the SoCal desert !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.