Old 07-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
Shopping the 351DS and 364TS

I'm a 2013 Thor ACE 30.1 owner and looking to upgrade to the Georgetown 351DS or 364TS. Two of the key features for us are the bunkhouse for the kids plus friends and the bigger fridge for my wife who does fitness competitions and eats a strict diet separate from the rest of us. Our current motorhome fridge is a Norcold N611 with 6.3 cubic feet of space and is too small. We use a plug in cooler to fill the gap.

Existing owners, can you tell me the cubic feet or model of the propane/electric standard fridge the 351DS and 364TS come with?

The residential fridge apparently is 22.5 cubic feet but we do a fair number of trips without access to electrical. Based on the forums the 2 coach batteries will run down in 8 hours with the residential fridge.

Second question: Are the double pane windows recommended for colder Canadian temperatures? Is anyone using their Georgetown for long periods in below freezing temps? We enjoy skiing locally in Canada but our current motorhome has too many gaps below the slides to be comfortable in the bitter cold. The furnace fan drains the batteries below 50% in 1 night.

Appreciate your help.

BCinTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
I can't answer about the RV fridge, but I will tell you my 351 has 4 batteries (not 2) and I can get at least 24 hours on the fridge....more depending on how many other electric things you have on
the 4 batts were standard, not upgrade as well...

good luck on your shopping!

2015 Georgetown 351DS
Chris, Garren (humans)
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
We have the 364 and love it. My wife initially wanted the standard fridge so that she could have the pantry. I looked nationwide and could not find a 364 that did not have the upgraded stainless steel package with the 22.5 cu ft fridge. We went ahead with the 22.5 cu ft and could not be happier with our decision.

The 2 full bathrooms in the 364 are a wonderful feature that once you have it, you wonder how you ever did without it.

We have not yet had a chance to test the motorhome in cold temps. Also, the most we have had the fridge on battery power was about 2 days and it worked fine for that duration.

Good luck to your upcoming purchase and welcome to the Forest River family.
Browns-Camden is offline   Reply With Quote