Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
Since ours are almost the same, except for a few years, here is a quick list of my favorite mods and gotchas.

My very favorite mod is that I had a new battery box put on and installed four large batteries and an inverter. Sure is nice to have 110v all the time. I also added a Xantrax LinkPro Battery Monitor so I can see what's going on with those batteries.

My number one gotcha is the main room slide. I loaded all my tools into one of the dinette bench seats and the next time I put the slide out it tore a big rip in the kitchen linolium. I still haven't fixed that.

My number one buy was a cradle point router and a verizon USB internet stick for it. With this everything in the motorhome has internet pretty much all the time. Which is very nice. And I can plug my vonage box right into it and take my home phone with me where ever I go.

The thing I like the least about mine (other than paying for fuel) is how loud it is when I'm driving it. I've just started on a project to cover the underside of the dog house and the whole cab area with three layers of noise proofing material. More on that in some future post.

Most of what I've done is captured in posts on this forum.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...earchid=709416

Thank you so much for all the information!!! That's a great input about the tools in the dinette... I think we'll keep those for homeschooling material!!
I think you and your daughter will have a blast. Our daughter is also 10 so who knows... maybe we'll bump into each other this summer somewhere along the highways..
mbrwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #22

Picked my new 378xlf las Monday, back in shop on Tuesday nothing but problems, bedroom slide will not slide back in. Also electric problems, starting to panic. Dealer says that they will have to work bugs out.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by armye7 View Post
Picked my new 378xlf las Monday, back in shop on Tuesday nothing but problems, bedroom slide will not slide back in. Also electric problems, starting to panic. Dealer says that they will have to work bugs out.

Just take a deep breath. They will fix it and you'll have a lot of fun with your new MH. Mine is new too and spent the last 2 weeks in the shop for painting that was chipping and other minor details. I think it's like everybody else said, we have to work the bugs out since we bought them new. Hang in there!!! At least we have warranty!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #24

Had my 2011 378 for almost 2 years now . A few bug problems in the beginning but everything has been perfect since. This is my 4th coach since 1996 . my 1st was a winnie brave which I would have not recomended to anyone.My 2nd was a monaco monark which was a good coach.My third was a bounder which was great and now the forest river which is probably the best. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	10912  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypal View Post
Had my 2011 378 for almost 2 years now . A few bug problems in the beginning but everything has been perfect since. This is my 4th coach since 1996 . my 1st was a winnie brave which I would have not recomended to anyone.My 2nd was a monaco monark which was a good coach.My third was a bounder which was great and now the forest river which is probably the best. Good luck.
WOW that's great to hear!!!! Thanks!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #26
Anacortesians

We have an '02 325S, bought from the original owner in 2010. Ours has a rear bedroom with Queen bed.

Two things I'd recommend keeping an eye on are the slide-out blade seals and the slide toppers. We hadn't realised that, because the orignal owner kept the slides out whenever they weren't driving, the living room topper had rotted away, leaving just the mesh of the original fabric.

The top seal had rolled over for a few inches also, so we got water into the dinette overhead cabinets. I had to take them out and build replacements because the supporting hemlock framework went moldy.

The blade seal on the bottom of the bedroom slide also has rolled over. Since that's only for keeping critters out, I haven't fixed it yet. I'm planning to spray the slides' horzontal surfaces with a dry moly-lube before we go out this season.

Also (at 9 years old) several sections of the bulb seals down the sides of the inner walls, where the slides meet up when extended, have come loose. Maybe FR's adhesives application procedures aren't careful about contamination. I got some of the 3M weatherstripping adhesive to fix those.

The big box handles like the 11-ton truck it really is, but I'd rather spend money on gas and campground fees than on trying to make it ride like a Rolls Royce.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #27

We have 2011 Georgetown 374 it Big YELLOW LEMON. It under warranty Forest River DENIED thing that need fixing . And why done we have pay a DIAGNOSE charger ,Forest River don't. The door is not right , floor squeaks the caues factory defect . I could go on and on .
ck101999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck101999 View Post
We have 2011 Georgetown 374 it Big YELLOW LEMON. It under warranty Forest River DENIED thing that need fixing . And why done we have pay a DIAGNOSE charger ,Forest River don't. The door is not right , floor squeaks the caues factory defect . I could go on and on .
I don't know if you can speak English, but you sure as heck can't type it. I doubt if you could go on and on.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo45

I don't know if you can speak English, but you sure as heck can't type it. I doubt if you could go on and on.
Nemo45, thanks for saying what I was thinking....
rvdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
Pete

We've had three -2002, 2004 and now a 2010. Gotten better over time after a capital infusion by Berkshire Hathway- Buffett. Money always helps things get better.

Had minor bugs with all of them. Anybody that tells you there are no problems with their coach is "probably LARGELY stretching the truth". I'll do another 378TS unless there is a better FR model when I start looking.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
Georgetown 391

I find that some of the appliances and fixtures are really dictated by their accounting department such as a Thetford Toilet with a hand flush meaning you have to lean over ther bowl to flush it by hand. A foot operated model exactly the same otherwise is $15.00 more at retail. This is getting replaced per the wife. The other problem is not knowing where pipes and wires go etc. No documentation per each model other than a general one instruction book fits all.

Still we love it as otherwise its just what we wanted and I am replacing these penny pinching items as we go.
kenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
main concerns I have seen
would be faulty frames
weak welds, metal stress etc etc

(which would be the foundation
of what everyTHING is built on)

hoping that in time
with more exposer
the issues will be tackled

MB
Never, ever heard of this on the Ford frame!
I'm on my second Georgetown motorhome, and had two Forest River fifth wheels before these.

Minor problems with each, but my houses and cars haven't been perfect either!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenson View Post
I find that some of the appliances and fixtures are really dictated by their accounting department such as a Thetford Toilet with a hand flush meaning you have to lean over ther bowl to flush it by hand. A foot operated model exactly the same otherwise is $15.00 more at retail. This is getting replaced per the wife. The other problem is not knowing where pipes and wires go etc. No documentation per each model other than a general one instruction book fits all.

Still we love it as otherwise its just what we wanted and I am replacing these penny pinching items as we go.
I don't know about this. They use the same appliances and fixtures as everyone else does. We have a foot operated china toilet. One of the best I've ever seen in an RV, because it has holes around the top of the bowl for the flusing water to come out of. It does a very good job. Don't know about the plumbing but there are some electrical skematics you can get.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #34

Ok, here I go. We bought our 2011 378 in Feb 2011. We have had a lot of issues with things breaking or not working right. The most serious is the hydraulic pump and the Lippert Leveling System. Little things are the most aggravating, and the quality of the fit and finish leave something to be desired. (However the paint job is great!)

Now that said, the dealer, Mike Thompson's in Colton, CA has fixed everything that has gone wrong with it. FR covered everything under the warranty, which has just expired.

We have had five Class A motorhomes, one Class C, one travel trailer and two Fifth Wheels since 1972, been in 48 states and driven well over a quarter million miles. So this is not our first Rodeo. Most of our RVs have been Fleetwood products, a Montana Big Sky Fifth Wheel, an Itasca Class A, and now the FR. Quality wise, the Itasca was the best.

However, things happen, most of the things that have gone wrong are supplied by vendors, not FR. When things break, you fix them. It is a moving house driven on some really rough roads.

After all that, I do like my FR and enjoy it. Keep smiling, don't give up.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote