Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Side cameras on Georgetown 378

I have a strange problem with our rear view cameras only when my head lights are on. When I turn on the right signal it turns on the right camera but when I turn the signal of lt don't go back to the center camera. When I turn on the left signal the display flashes with the signal. With the head lights of. Every thing is back as it should be.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Did it function properly before? Sounds like a couple wires are crossed. In or out of warranty? Looks like you will need to contact the dealer unless you can get a wiring diagram from the manufacturer and straighten out the wiring.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
I have a strange problem with our rear view cameras only when my head lights are on. When I turn on the right signal it turns on the right camera but when I turn the signal of lt don't go back to the center camera. When I turn on the left signal the display flashes with the signal. With the head lights of. Every thing is back as it should be.
My camera system is Perimeter View not the more popular one.
I had someting very similar happen in the spring of this year. I was driving home home after a recall appt. with Ford. It rained buckets for a few minutes and suddenly my cameras well BS. The main and both sides appeared foggy and which ever sighnal I used became "stuck". I was able to cancel them by going the other side,but it would stick some of the time also. Finally it stuck left and stayed there. I have no drawings of how it's built. I washome in a few minutes and studied the pattern. Sometimes it would correct after a delay. With nothing better to do, I climbed up the rear ladder with towel and hair dryer in hand. That was the last place to have a cause due to the rain. SOB I towel dried the camera and just barely warmed it up. (sensitive electronics). Back to dash and all was well!

Not to say this is the same problem for you, what I am saying is didn't take much of a circuit malady to bring the system down.

In the case of the headlight symtom, the headlights do not power across the switch you operatee. In fact they are powered by a larger switch called the headlight relay. This mayb be mounted behind the dash near the center HVAC/radio/camera controls. I'm not sure its location but it's backthere somewhere. I can see if the camera sys and the headlight sys share a common ground via a busbar or stud or whatever. In the event of a loose or corroded connecton the heavier loaded HL circuit coulod interfere with the camera. Without dwgs. we can only guess but with the the box outside some of these theories can be proven/disproven.

I would start with the Wiring possible to locate the ground wiring from camera sys and headlight relay.Also check the fused power supplies tothe camera sys and the headling system. Headlight system probably located on Ford chassis fuse supply left side of footwell. Camera not sure but probably a auxilliary panel also powered by Ford panel.
Side cameras, easy to pop the cover and check for moisture, rear camper I didn't open, just warmed/

This is a tough one, thats why all the response!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #4

Thank's VinceU,
I think it must be a ground as well.
I will wait until I get home and try and check a few things.
I'm only driving in the day time and as long as it doesn't rain we will be OK.
It also goes right back to the centre camera if I push the M button on the display.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #5

For what its worth, my 2011 360xl does the same as yours, I keep forgetting to have dealer check it. I have to tap the the rotation button on system to put it back in order. I drive with rear cam on to observe by toad. Let me know what you find.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

I have the same problem from time to time where the camera will get "stuck" in the right or left view. I can press the button on the screen to rotate through the views and then all is fine. It has happened about a half dozen times. The dealer checked it out but could find nothing wrong. If it gets worse or gets "stuck" permanently I'm hoping they cover it under warranty since I had the problem documented prior to the warranty being up.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #7

His is weird though, only with headlights and is always with headlights.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #8

We are home now and I have not had time to check things out.
Now it is not switching to the right side at all when the lights are on.
It still rotates through all of them when I turn on the left signal.
When I turn the head lights of everything works as it should.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 08-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #9

Me too exactly in my 2011 360.
DRPNGOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #10

Don't have a solution but have the following documents with some basic wiring information.

Check page 15 in the 2nd document CM709m1 which shows the wiring at the dasj of the 3 cameras.
I would also check the ground to the main control panel as it sounds like it may be loose connection.

It looks like the DC Jack to the main panel has the only + and - for the whole system. I would see where it gets its ground from first before you rip things apart. See it on picture diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera1.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	18792  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CM32AH_Manual.pdf (1.18 MB, 166 views)
File Type: pdf CM709M1_Manual.pdf (1.03 MB, 148 views)
File Type: pdf Side_Camera_CS110_Manual.pdf (282.0 KB, 182 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #11

IT'S Fixed !
We replaced the bulb in the right signal light and that fixed the signal, cameras and display.
The bulb did not even look burned out.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Kanadian Kamper

Which bulb Falcon35???????

Which turn signal bulb did you replace? Was it not working at all??????

There's the round one that faces directly forward below the headlight assembly and then there's the smaller turn signal light incorporated in the headlight assembly sort of angled forward and to the side.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35
IT'S Fixed !
We replaced the bulb in the right signal light and that fixed the signal, cameras and display.
The bulb did not even look burned out.
Good find! Maybe was wrong bulb trick camera select with high/low current draw?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #14

Kenandterry: It was the forward facing light. I'm not at the coach but I think our Canadian units with daytime running light may be different.
When I first emailed John Armstrong he had me take out the bulbs in the side marker lights and if that fixed they would have to be replaced. When that didn't work he told me to try adding a ground. I was not sure where to add that so I took it to a mechanic that I trust and they replaced the bulb and it fixed everything.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #15

Falcon35

I don't think the lights are any different on Canadian Georgetowns.
Here is my unit. Which light caused all the problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	19205  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #16

Iggy:

Our Georgetown is an early 2012 and has the same front cap as the 2011.
We have two clear lights side by side, the outside one is day time running lights and low beam. The one next to it is high beam. Around the corner from those there are amber marker lights that are also act as signal lights. Below that are round amber lights those are the signal lights.They have a large two filament bulb. Low on the front cap fog lights.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #17

To Falcon35, from Martin73. About your turn 7 back-up cameras..My fr337 2010. did the samething.. the mech. said its the front lights, they get rattled around quite a bit.. he twisted the front lights back in their sockets,, the cameras worked fine? just thought I wo0uld let you know.
martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #18

Thank You: martin73:
It appears that any one having camera problems needs to start by checking all the front lights.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
Tim & Lisa Trempert

My right camera just broke!! All I get is a white screen when I shift to the right camera. Does anyone know if this is just a loose wire or is the camera bad? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #20

right camera

does the monotor say no signal or is it just blank. when mine went the monotor would not show any picture at all. then they would work then go out again.
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote