Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #1

Side Privacy Blinds

Someone posted about one of the blinds falling off while driving and how scary it was. I decided to check ours and sure enough they were not mounted properly.

Each blind has three mounting brackets (forward, middle, and rearward)secured to the lower panel of the side cabinets. Problem number one is that on both blinds the middle bracket was not fastened. Problem number two is that the bottom of the side cabinets is too think for a screw to properly grab for the middle and rearward brackets.

With that being said, the only bracket that is properly secured to hold the weight and bouncing of the blinds is the one forward bracket since it is screwed into hard wood. I screwed in the middle brackets and fastened the rearward bracket as much as possible. I need to come up with a better solution when we get back home since we are on vaca.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #2

Please post some pics when you find your solution. Did you have to take the blind out to see the mounting brackets? Not sure what I am looking for as I went out to check mine yesterday and I don't see any brackets or screws. Don't think I am looking in the right place.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #3

CJ, if you look or feel behind the blind's frame you will notice three push tabs. Push them in and the blind comes off.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #4

Thank you. Will check this weekend to see if they need more support. Getting ready to head to Texas in mid May and the roads in Louisiana will shake anything loose that isn't secure. Busted two cargo door latches and a front air bag on my old rig last trip through there

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #5

Even though I have secured them as good as I could while on the road, they still make a very annoying sound when hitting bumps. Once I have time to get them fixed I'll post a solution.