Old 02-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #1

Side Swiped

Need some advise and direction please.

Thanks to an elder driver in the home of elder drivers - Florida - I now have a new racing strip down the drivers side of my wonderful 351DS. (Okay no one throw daggers at me - I am no spring chicken - read 65).

Very little damage done - just a real long scuff mark, broken clearance lights, missing gas cover AND a loose hinge on the rear compartment. About $8000 in estimated damages.

So - guidance please. I am going to take my unit back to Lexington/Louisville Ky area. Any recommendations on who repair in that area. Anyone used Camping World? Any specials items for attention?

My unit is a 2015 Georgetown 351DS.

Thanks Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	69221  

Old 02-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Wow, sorry to see that..

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #3

Could have been much worse. Older gentleman (IMO) should never have been driving. He recognized that - after modifying my coach - and has quit driving. His insurance is paying for the repairs but I've seen a number of accounts of crappy repairs. So that's the basis for the help request.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I Think the insurance rep would be the starting point for repair facilities. Like the old school teaches, three estimates. That way you get to talk to service managers and tour their shops. I lost a tire (broke all studs off the hub) tore up the side and the rear stab motor off. The insurance agent let me decide. I told the repair shop manager I was only interested in quality not quantity. So when's the best time to bring it in. They did a great job. Yes longer than I wanted but in the end I'm happy and that's what counts.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

donanddonna - only issue for me - it happened in Florida and I will need to get it repaired in Ky. Hopefully no issue with the 3 estimates. AAA is the insurance company and they've been helpful - for an insurance company.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have used Dunlap RV in Bowling Green to repair body damage and replace a roof on a former Jayco travel trailer. They did an unbelievable job. Not sure how experienced they are with your rv. I would definitely go back to them next time I need something repaired...and I am in Nashville.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #7
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Mine happened in lower Michigan, had it repaired in Illinois. I don't think where it happened for repairs. Just that it is well documented where it happened. I waited until I got my baby back home and had time for her. Most do it that way.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #8

Insurance has accepted responsibility so there should be no problems getting it fixed where you want. Once you find a repair facility just give them the insurance contact information and the shop will take it from there. Sorry about the accident and glad it was not worse than it was.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #9

Only 65? You are a teeny bopper here in Fl. Sorry about the accident. If you are a Good Sam member ask them who they recommend. If not, go to the Good Sam Class A forum and you will get lots of info. Gotta go take my Geritol now.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #10

Check with Frank at Blue Grass RV in Lexington.