Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #1

Side View Camera

HI
My passenger side camera does not work and I am trying to figure out how to troubleshoot it. It's a 20-cs-110 on a 2011 Georgetown 378. I checked the 2 connections and they are tight. What happens (1) if I turn ignition on and turn lever is set to right it comes on very clearly for about 10 seconds and then turns to static. (2) if I am driving along and turn turn signal right just static.
Any idea?
Jim
Homejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #2

Try swapping the two connectors and retest
If the trouble moves to the driver side then you have wire or camera trouble.

Someone will be along in a while with more info.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #3

Jim
Make sure all your turn signal bulbs work. Sometimes when a bulb burns out the cameras act weird doesn't get the turn signal signal to turn on.
Let us know. This also has happened when a head light or marker light go out.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Jim
Make sure all your turn signal bulbs work. Sometimes when a bulb burns out the cameras act weird doesn't get the turn signal signal to turn on.
Let us know. This also has happened when a head light or marker light go out.
I've been trying to remember to check our lights.

The only time I remember that the camera will not switch to the rear view from left turn with the headlights ON.
Is when we're on the road...

abjb
Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #5

HI, checked all lights and they are working correctly. I swapped the camera leads at the back of the monitor and trouble follows the right camera. I looked on line about replacing just one camera and cannot seem to find a source.
Anyone know where you can purchase just one camera?
Or did I miss another test?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homejames View Post
HI, checked all lights and they are working correctly. I swapped the camera leads at the back of the monitor and trouble follows the right camera. I looked on line about replacing just one camera and cannot seem to find a source.
Thats sure looks like its the camera. Great way to verify what part is bad. That's what others should try to pin point the problem.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Is your camera Perimeter View or Voyager?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #8

Perimeter view
Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Perimeter view
Call Mito Corp (the parent company) at 888-433-6486. Depending on how old your RV is they may be willing to send you one for free (you'll have to return the old one first) or sell you one for about $150. If you have to buy the camera retail you'll be forced to buy two of them with all the hardware and pay about $350.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #10

Thanks,
I'll call them tomorrow
Jim
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #11

OK folks...got bit with the "camera stuck in the righthand side view when headlights/running lights are turned on" problem. I did find a righthand, rear clearance light not working. Both brake lights are working properly. Could this be the problem? Went up the ladder to get at the bulb but couldn't figure out how to get the red lens off. Afraid I'll break it. Anybody out there know how to remove the lens? And please...no "how many Navy retires does it take to change a lightbulb?"

Chuck
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #12

Chuck,
When I changed a bulb all I did was squeeze gently at top and bottom and lense came out. If I remember correctly there are tabs holding it in.
Also if your camera is always in the right position no matter where turn signal is and you never see the rear camera it may be that one of the connections is loose. I found this out while working on my problem, i.e., all connections have to be connected
Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #13

Well, I finally figured out where the defect is, I just don't know how to fix it. We have a 2011 Georgetown 360. If the main headlight switch is off, all three rear view cameras work fine. Normally, my rear camera is what i display. If I turn the headlight switch on, and engage the right turn indicator, the cameras flip back and forth between the left side and rear cameras. Turning on the left turn indicator doesn't change off of the rear view camera. If I turn the headlights off, all cameras return to their normal correct function with the turn indicators. Anybody got a clue about this?
bnuelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #14

Possible way to figure this out

Hi
Not sure if this will help but it's a method I used to find a trouble in my cameras.
In the back of the dash TV there are 3 plugs (back camera, left camera & right camera). I unplugged all three and then made sure everything else worked. Then connected one plug at a time and redid test.

See if this clears anything up

Good luck