Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #21
New:

Congratulations on your 328ts. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine! I just recently went to Goshen where they checked out my slide outs and they found too much slack in the cables. They removed an access plate above the bed and above the other slides, where they used a socket on a drill and tightened them up. They said they should be pretty tight. Mine are near piano strings when I pluck them.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by compman69 View Post
Congratulations on your 328ts. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine! I just recently went to Goshen where they checked out my slide outs and they found too much slack in the cables. They removed an access plate above the bed and above the other slides, where they used a socket on a drill and tightened them up. They said they should be pretty tight. Mine are near piano strings when I pluck them.

Compman69 if you get a chance could you measure the width between the couch and the bedroom slide when fully extended so I can have something to compare mine too
Marine007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #23
New:

Sure, I have mine getting some minor things fixed from a storm here in Kissimmee. When I get it back I'll be glad to!
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #24

Thank you sir
Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine007 View Post
I thought the same thing but it's 18 1/2 in. on top and bottom
Check your tape measure or it is an optical slope, the picture shows a different
Angle.Just my thoughts I have a slide like yours and the window is completly
out.
Don
Old 08-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #26

Donlock you have a 328ts?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #27

Everyone is overthinking this. The cables are just a little loose. No big deal to tighten. Just pull the top fascia board off the inside. Once you do that you will see the cables and can snug-up the loose ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #28

I just had my Georgetown 328TS out last week and also noticed the exact same kind of slack in my slide cables, so this thread is very helpful. How is the top fascia trim removed? Is it stapled or nailed in place? (mine is in storage now).

I will also add that my fully extended bedroom slide looks exactly as pictured with the edge of the window right up against the side of the motorhome.
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneT View Post
I just had my Georgetown 328TS out last week and also noticed the exact same kind of slack in my slide cables, so this thread is very helpful. How is the top fascia trim removed? Is it stapled or nailed in place? (mine is in storage now).

I will also add that my fully extended bedroom slide looks exactly as pictured with the edge of the window right up against the side of the motorhome.

If it is like mine (I own a Keystone), the fascia board is screwed in... with the screws covered by the round buttons that snap on/off.

Be careful when removing long fascia boards, as they will bend and break under their own weight. They aren't very heavy, however long ones will break. Use a helper to keep them straight.

My big dining/couch slide out has never been level... so I plan to work on it this winter. Will start from scratch by leveling everything then tighten up the cables. (Have to loosen them first of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Donlock you have a 328ts?
No but the same size bedroom slide.
Hope I did not mean to offend you sorry if you took it that way.
Don.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #31

I have an accuslide also in my bedroom, the slack in the wire is nothing to worry about, if you read the directions it calls for a 1/4" depression when you push down on it. Mine has had slack in one cable for 4 years now, no problem at all. Check the pulleys and make sure they don't move and if not don't worry about that cable. I'll attach the accuslide manual. This will show you how to adjust it if it bothering you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf accuslide_installation-manual.pdf (2.84 MB, 127 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I have an accuslide also in my bedroom, the slack in the wire is nothing to worry about, if you read the directions it calls for a 1/4" depression when you push down on it. Mine has had slack in one cable for 4 years now, no problem at all. Check the pulleys and make sure they don't move and if not don't worry about that cable. I'll attach the accuslide manual. This will show you how to adjust it if it bothering you.

X2. My cables are always slack after extending my slides.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #33

Cables

We have 328 Georgetown 2014, bought 3 years ago. Our cables look like yours on bedroom and kitchen slide. Really do not know about living slide as I have never paid attention to it. Have never had a problem so always assumed it is correct. We have over 18,000 miles so its used and driven quite a bit. We have been pleased with our mh and love the floorplan. Good luck. Husband said he is not worrying about the cables since it works!..lol..
Donamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #34

325BH, Thanks for the tips on removing the trim. Next time I am over at the motorhome I am going to make sure I find out how mine comes off so I make sure I keep the right tools with me in case I need to take it off.

Witch Doctor, Thanks I put your AccuSlide Manual in my library. Based on this info on page 33 of the manual, I think my slides are within spec.

"The Accu-Slide is a give and take system between the cables, if the inside and outside opposing cables are too tight you will cause the motor to be over worked leading to trouble later on.

When the room is seated full out, the OUTSIDE cables should be slack enough to move the cable approximately ½” up or down (1” total movement) by hand..."
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #35

Accu Slide Manual - Cable Looseness

Quote:
We are out on our first trip in the motor home. Everything is going well love our Georgetown 328ts. But I was sitting outside watching tv and noticed that the top cables on the bedroom slide has slack in them unlike the others. Is there a way to tighten these back up.

Attachment 118543Attachment 118544
Attached is the Accu Slide Manual which instructs on how tight to adjust slide-out cables. I hope it's attached, anyway. This system is not really clear.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norco_Bal_Cable_Type_Accu_Slide_Service_Manual.pdf (1.94 MB, 85 views)
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide, slide out