Old 06-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT4six View Post
Al,

Let me know how that works for you when you get this spring. I'll get one for me as well. we have the same issue as the rest of this thread....

thanks,
I started a new thread after installing that shock and figured you guys would see it.

Problem solved. It opens the door nice and slow and slows down even more towards the end of the travel. It also offers less resistance when closing it.

You have to move the door's bracket towards the inside a few inches.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #32

Glad it worked. We have an issue that is still-to-be resolved w/ the dealer - our entry door binds at the top when the side of the coach heats up from sun. They adjusted it once already, and it helped, but the problem still persists. On a hot Texas afternoon, the door can become impossible to close because it hits the upper left corner of the frame. Hopefully the next dealer visit will fix it.

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
Glad it worked. We have an issue that is still-to-be resolved w/ the dealer - our entry door binds at the top when the side of the coach heats up from sun. They adjusted it once already, and it helped, but the problem still persists. On a hot Texas afternoon, the door can become impossible to close because it hits the upper left corner of the frame. Hopefully the next dealer visit will fix it.
Same exact problem here plus it used to rub by the latch. Problem would occur only when the sun hit it. I have already solved the latch problem by adding a shim to the strike plate, but still need to fix the top.

Here is where it used to hit the strike plate:

It is hard to see from the photo, but this is the top of the door frame where it rubs:

This is the edge that needs to be grinded/filed down so that it doesn't hit. I wouldn't want to readjust the hinges unless the entire door's frame is replaced. I wouldn't trust the dealer and their adjustments. You know what they say, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #34

Well, I dont think I'll be doing any grinding on the door. I've been in touch with FR, as has our dealer, and I have faith that they'll resolve it. I've found our dealer - Colerain RV - to be quite competant and work closely with the manufacturer to resolve issues.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
Well, I dont think I'll be doing any grinding on the door. I've been in touch with FR, as has our dealer, and I have faith that they'll resolve it. I've found our dealer - Colerain RV - to be quite competant and work closely with the manufacturer to resolve issues.
I'd like to know how they fix it. The hinges are riveted and not adjustable. The other option would be to bend the top of the frame up a little bit.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #36

I did finally get my 2014 328 into the dealer for service and had the door issue on my list of things to fix. I was a bit unhappy about some of the work done, and they weren't able to get to everthing in the 1.5 weeks I gave 'em, but they fixed the door issue. It now shuts from outside with a one finger push, but better yet...closes from the inside with a gentle pull and a soft click. I hope the fix is a lasting one!
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiseman View Post
I did finally get my 2014 328 into the dealer for service and had the door issue on my list of things to fix. I was a bit unhappy about some of the work done, and they weren't able to get to everthing in the 1.5 weeks I gave 'em, but they fixed the door issue. It now shuts from outside with a one finger push, but better yet...closes from the inside with a gentle pull and a soft click. I hope the fix is a lasting one!
I fixed ours yesterday. Went and got a file and knocked down the top edge on the door that rubbed against the frame. It now closes with one finger.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #38

It's kinda goofy how much better I feel about my MH when these little things get fixed.
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiseman View Post
It's kinda goofy how much better I feel about my MH when these little things get fixed.
Me too. DW is the opposite though. Every time something goes wrong all hell breaks loose. I keep telling her how lucky she is that I can take care of everything, but she's an accountant and in her mind the numbers don't add up.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Me too. DW is the opposite though. Every time something goes wrong all hell breaks loose. I keep telling her how lucky she is that I can take care of everything, but she's an accountant and in her mind the numbers don't add up.
Same here Al, calculator always running!

Tags
door