Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover2 View Post
Oh, thanks for the manual. I bookmarked it.
Better yet, it should be in .PDF format. Download the manual to your computer as well as all the other manuals you can find for all the rest of the components on your rig. Save to a CD or DVD or keep them in a file folder on your computer for easy reference in the future. I keep mine on the laptop which is usually with us on the road.

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #12

All Jacked UP

Be sure you print out the Lippert manual and have it for the day when you're out and about with no power and the jacks down and slides out. A trusty power screw driver will get you closed up. If you have it you won't need it. On that logic I'm trying to amass every diagnostic text and user manual I can find. Plus knowing your coach well is the surest way to nip trouble in the bud. Have fun. Drive safe. Hoist one for me.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
Be sure you print out the Lippert manual and have it for the day when you're out and about with no power and the jacks down and slides out. A trusty power screw driver will get you closed up. If you have it you won't need it. On that logic I'm trying to amass every diagnostic text and user manual I can find. Plus knowing your coach well is the surest way to nip trouble in the bud. Have fun. Drive safe. Hoist one for me.
You're playing the same game as me. If I have all the information right at hand I'll never need it. I have mine stored on my laptop and a copy of all of the paperwork on a zip-drive as well. One thing I've been doing is as I find things out, I take a silver Sharpie and label the item. Oh course this is out of sight but if something would happen it's easy to locate. I plan to make a list of the items, breakers, fuses, sizes and their locations and save it. I figure the more prepared I am the less chance there is that I'll need to use this information.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #14

Rear Driver side hydraulic jack for 2000 Georgetown

New to this forum and have read with interest the information on leveling jacks. Our 2000 A class Georgetown has a problem with the rear driver side jack - it will not go up - we have had to push it up with a crowbar on our last trip. We took it to a truck repair shop and they cannot find another jack to replace it. (He has been looking for 3 months)
It is an HDW - if that sounds familiar.

Does anyone know where we could look to get a replacement jack? Also we do not have an owner's manual and wonder where to get one.

You can probably tell we a newbies and need as much guidance as you can spare. We have just retired and plan to go south for the winter.

Thanks. Dan and Carol
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #15

Dan & Carol,
Have you tried any of the RV salvage yards? Also try Google to find info.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #16

You may have to go to a RV shop to get it fixed. The link for the manual is on this thread in an earlier post. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #17

Thanks for the info - never thought of an RV salvage; will try that and the RV dealer. Was not successful with the first attempt at the RV dealer we purchased from - they said the back driver's jack was working - not to confident in their abillities to solve a problem.

We would like to get this fixed before we go down south. I am so excited, just retired and cannot wait to travel.

Thanks again. Dan and Carol
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #18

10 Sep 2010 is my last day of work, and we leave the next day for Colorado & Utah for at least a month. Can't wait.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #19

Smile

Have fun - I am sure you are counting the days.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #20

I think it must be a common problem. On my rig, the breaker had been covered up by a red spray (used to prevent battery corrosion) by somebody a little overzealous with a spray can. My circuit diagram was nothing more than a very faded piece of paper pasted to the wall of the battery compartment. It's worthwhile to get in touch with Forest River and have them email a copy of the diagram.
Good luck, keep the batteries charged, check water levels frequently and if you suspect a battery, have someone do a load test on it.

Tags
jacks, slide, motorhome, georgetown