Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 AM   #21

Wait a minute.... I have kids, also carry other adults. Where do they sit when riding down the road, highway, bumpy camp road, or wherever? The sit on the couch or at the dinette. So, I'm betting 4 kids and 2 adults sitting in the seats -- and remember, there are seat belts there, HAVE to weigh more than a couple cases of drinks.

So, if that is going to break your slide, then man, you need to look at a different RV.

Just my .02...
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
Wait a minute.... I have kids, also carry other adults. Where do they sit when riding down the road, highway, bumpy camp road, or wherever? The sit on the couch or at the dinette. So, I'm betting 4 kids and 2 adults sitting in the seats -- and remember, there are seat belts there, HAVE to weigh more than a couple cases of drinks.

So, if that is going to break your slide, then man, you need to look at a different RV.

Just my .02...

Well now. Don't you make an interesting point. It's just my wife & I that travel so the seat belts are tucked away.

I don't think we need a different Coach. Just looking for input on my question.

Thanks.

John & Janine
Pazzo the Maltese
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Toad)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #23

My GT 374 has stove fridge microwave sofa bed in the main slide, that's a lot of weight,fridge is full,pots pans in oven plus corner shelving with plates glasses etc. humm��
JW DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW DUKE View Post
My GT 374 has stove fridge microwave sofa bed in the main slide, that's a lot of weight,fridge is full,pots pans in oven plus corner shelving with plates glasses etc. humm��
Exactly, that is my point, slides already are carrying a lot of weight (I just used my passengers as an example). So, a couple cases of soda really shouldn't matter.

Thinking back, when I had my TT, we really loaded up the slide with items -- cases of water, gallons of water, pots, pans, and all kinds of other items.

In the end, I think it is fine and they are made for it.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #25
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookupAndGo View Post
Exactly, that is my point, slides already are carrying a lot of weight (I just used my passengers as an example). So, a couple cases of soda really shouldn't matter.

Thinking back, when I had my TT, we really loaded up the slide with items -- cases of water, gallons of water, pots, pans, and all kinds of other items.

In the end, I think it is fine and they are made for it.

X2. If there are issues then the slide needs fixed. It's not a weight issue.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #26

That is not much weight at all to affect the slide at all. I don't care if it is a M/H or a travel trailer. When they can put a refer, stove and sofa on 1 slide a few items are not going to be a problem with leveling or brought in for travel. It's a non argument. Have the same motor bringing in that slide as is on the other that only has a dinette and entertainment center on it.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoclaws View Post
Opinion? FAR TOO much weight. Are there not stores near you destination(s)?
Even food- my wife packs for a 4/5 day trip and we bring 1/2 of it home.
Good luck with your DW
Everyone is focused on the weight held by the slides what about the weight in the draws pulling them in and out. No worries on their structure and operation?
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsx2 View Post
Hello Gang,

My wife and I are having a debate over the large slide which our dinette and couch sites on in our 2014 328tsf.

My wife has packed the following (so far) in the seats of the dinette:

*Three Cases of bottled water

*Three Cases of Pop/Soda (Cans)

*2 cases of Ice Tee (bottles)

*Crock Pot & Electric Skillet

This doesn't include what's in the overhead cabinets (pots, pans, food). My concerns is too much weight during slide operations when setting up camp adding unnecessary stress to the slide motors. She thinks it a non-issue.

What do you guys think - Move some of the cargo to a different part of the Coach or no biggie?

Thanks everyone..

That cargo weight is less than one adults weight. There is seating provided for 4-6 passengers.
For insurance take it to a scale before and after loading with effects and food. Sticker in cab shows the way. My bet is on this question you're fine.
Not for certain on rest of coach weight.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #29

Slide Debate - Opinions Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
That cargo weight is less than one adults weight. There is seating provided for 4-6 passengers.
For insurance take it to a scale before and after loading with effects and food. Sticker in cab shows the way. My bet is on this question you're fine.
Not for certain on rest of coach weight.

I don't disagree with your logic. You are correct that the slide is designed for people to sit on them while traveling.

My concern is not travel but using the slide during set up. I don't believe anyone is running their slides in or out with people on them. Therefore is it to much weight for slide operation with the items I listed in the dinette seats?

None the less, you make some great points.

Thanks.

John & Janine
Pazzo the Maltese
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Toad)

2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide