Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Panama City, FLorida

Unhappy Slide leak on the 2011 327 DS

Has anyone else experienced a leak on the right front side of the living room slide. I have an very difficult to troubleshoot leak. Dealer is trying to resolve it but 2 attempts have failed. Doing some of my own troubleshooting I was able to determine that the water is accumulating in something under the slide bottom floor, like a trough or pan. But since I cannot see or do not know how a slide floor bottom is constructed there is no way to know. Also, initially we thought it was leaking from raining water intrusion when it rained and running down the front side into the living room floor. But as I continued to watch its behavior I discovered that when it rained with the slide closed and I opened it, it would be dry. Rained when the slide was out and then closed and opened after a long wait, still dry. I ran the water hose on it for 10 minutes with the slide closed, opened it and carpet was dry. Closed it waited for 15 minutes, opened slide, still dry. So I decided to take it back into dealer again since I had called them after they repaired it and it was still leaking. So with dry carpet where it would occasionally become wet I drove 5 miles to the dealer, dry roads, no rain. when I got to the dealer I started the generator and open the slide and there was the wet spot I had been finding from time to time and it dawned on me that the leak was connected to coach motion. The cornering, stopping, accelerating, breaking, etc. was causing the water to spill over from something. As I thought back the other two times I noticed the wet spot was shortly after the coach had been in motion after sitting in the rain with the slide open, but closed on the way home and then opened again when I got home, I found the wet trail and wettest spot at the end of the closed position in the living room floor. The dealer on the last visit tried to say they fixed it with a gasket adjustment and caulk, but as I tested it the next week, I found the wet trail and spot after several rain events, but only after I pulled the coach back under the RV port. Again motion pulling forward and breaking to stop. Long story, but has anyone else experienced this type of a leak with their slide?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Sep 12.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	19416  
RVDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #2

Have you checked the rubber seal under the slide that is attached to the main body? Is it intact or not hitting the bottom of the slide when it is out and slides in?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #3

I have a 2005 with a slide in the same place and have experienced some wet carpet in the same area after a heavy rain. Will be interested in the solution here...

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #4

Water Leakage

We haev a 2008 Georgetown 374 and during this summer realized that the right hand front slide was leaking into the cabinet flooring where we store games.....tried looking everywhere, sealing bottom of slide with sealer.....then found an answer within Forums that suggested the topper brace may be the culprit.....lookeed at the brace on the front of the slide and noticed no sealant at all!

I sealed heavily the topper brace anywhere it contacted the slide wall and the screw tops also......no more water leakage! Apparently over time the topper bracket separates a little from the slide wall allowing a travel path for rain water to travel down in to our storage cabinet and cause the carpet to get very wet!

George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide out