Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Slide-out adjustment

My Georgetown 370 has three slideouts. The main slideout that has the sofa-bed and dinette has slightly shifted. The outside top left corner is approximately 3/8 to 1/2 inch to the right. Has anyone experienced this and is there an adjustment I could make to straighten it? It functions fine but the metal framing the opening is partially visible. Since we have the full body paint job it's very easy to see.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Bummed out: Slide room out of alignment...

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #3

Our bedroom slide seems to be out a bit from top to bottom, not that it's that big a deal and it does seal in both the out and in positions but I have wondered if there is a way to adjust the tilt on the slides as I think the top of ours nees to be tilting out about 1" more to make it level.

I have adjusted the two main slides to make them seat more evenly in the out position as there had been more of a gap on one side than the other. on one side you couldn't get your finger between the wall and the trim on the other end you could and then some. Adjusting the huge nuts on the end of the hydraulic actuators acomplishes that. I would think that loosening the two nuts that attach the actuator brackets to the slide on each end and using a BFH (Big *&^% Hammer) to "adjust them one way or the other on both ends as described by Radio in the other thread would adjust the centering in the hole problem.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #4

With the slide out open check to see if the bottom of the side out is dragging as well. Mine has not only shifted from front to back but it dropped down on the back end causing a score mark on the bottom of the slide out floor on the out side under neath. Just something else to check.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Our bedroom slide seems to be out a bit from top to bottom, not that it's that big a deal and it does seal in both the out and in positions but I have wondered if there is a way to adjust the tilt on the slides as I think the top of ours nees to be tilting out about 1" more to make it level.

I have adjusted the two main slides to make them seat more evenly in the out position as there had been more of a gap on one side than the other. on one side you couldn't get your finger between the wall and the trim on the other end you could and then some. Adjusting the huge nuts on the end of the hydraulic actuators acomplishes that. I would think that loosening the two nuts that attach the actuator brackets to the slide on each end and using a BFH (Big *&^% Hammer) to "adjust them one way or the other on both ends as described by Radio in the other thread would adjust the centering in the hole problem.

I found this during lunch time yesterday. I contacted Mike Burns @ FR. and asked about adjustments. His reply was if it didn't leak and functioned, it would be best to leave it alone. The slide mechanism is made by Lippert so I checked their site out and found the adjustment info. It doesn't appear to be too complicated.

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf

I'm going to make my adjustment this weekend.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Grape Escape

No mention in manual about out of square

On mine one corner is in more so that 3 corners are flush when retracted but one is in approx 3/4" Looks like crap
44 nights 2011, 38 nights 2012, 35 for 2013
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I found this during lunch time yesterday. I contacted Mike Burns @ FR. and asked about adjustments. His reply was if it didn't leak and functioned, it would be best to leave it alone. The slide mechanism is made by Lippert so I checked their site out and found the adjustment info. It doesn't appear to be too complicated.

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf

I'm going to make my adjustment this weekend.
Anyone know if Lippert is the only company that FR uses? I have problems as well and really don't see my slide components in the documents. They do give me some ideas.....Or how do you tell which company it is?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'd email Mike Burns of FR. He's always been very helpful.

mburns@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #9

Slide room adjustment - Lippert electric / 2011 Coachman 295RLDS

First and foremost I would like to thank cfsoistman for posting the link for the PDF to the Lippert slide out room. Also, Radio for his info on the BFH. (big f&^%*ng hammer)
The link is for the Lippert hydraulic slide, on the Coachman the slide is electric but FR used a similar system for the slide room.

Problem: Slide room crushing bulb seal and squeegee seal on rear of slide room opening. Slide was tearing the slide seals.
Front squeegee was barely in contact with slide room.

Soulution: Moved slide room forward to center slide room.
I did not take the before pics because I was not sure if I could make the adjustment myself or I would end up getting crushed by the slide room.
I did take after pics (survived), although not "square to the TT" the slide does not have the same issues it did.
Here are some pics of the after for horizontal and vertical adjustment of your Lippert slide room.
For any of the experts out here... You can clearly see where the slide was set on the vertical from the factory (paint line and rust mark).
This unit is new to me so I do not know the history of adjustments on it. It would appear that the slide was set much lower on both sides (rear pictured but front is the same way.") on the vertical. Not sure why it was adjusted an inch higher when I bought it but...
I tried on the vertical to square the box up but did not want to go too far so I left it.
I did however do a good job on horizontal adjustment and I adjusted it to where it is not ripping the seals but again, I did not want to break it so I probably did not move it forward enough?
The PDF says to push or pry the slide room in the direction you would like it go. I am guessing the slide box is close to 1000#'s, it laughed at me when I tried to push it after loosening the proper bolts. I took the tips from "Radios' post Bummed out: Slide room out of alignment...on the BFH and hit the arms instead to move in the opposite direction of the intended new slide room position. ( the slide follows the arms)
The slide is not quite centered but it is not crushing the seals anymore and the front squeegee is now doing it's job.
I have pointed to the proper bolts to loosen if your slide out room is like mine. The single long vertical bolt is the vertical adjustment. I do have a pic of the floor jack in place to prevent the slide room from dropping or from me from being crushed if it went really bad.
I moved the arms about 1/2" side to side and raised the right side and lowered the left side about 1/4".
Saved myself some serious money in the service dept. You can adjust your slide yourself if you have the tools (mini sledge hammer and a 3/4" socket and wrench) and are about a 6 on the 10 scale of handiness....
On my PDI, I had them order me new seals so that will be my next post in this section.
Thanks again,
crunchman

http://s1359.beta.photobucket.com/us...2001/library/?
2007 Club Car Precedent IQ 48V
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #10

Moderator, please move to proper forum

Moderator, please move to proper forum

2007 Club Car Precedent IQ 48V
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote