Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #1

Slide Out Fuses ( HELP)

Hi, I have a 2008 Georgetown 378 - Now the problem, I started to put the slideouts out, I got the bedroom out and the right side front out and than nothing. I couldn't extend the other side front or retract either of the other two. I had the front jacks down and the back ones up and couldn't extend the rear ones. Now I'm going to try and shorten this story.
I have a Lippert Hdy. Pump for both jacks and slide out and with the help of a friend we managed to get the jacks down and all the slides out by means of jumping the hot side in the pump box to either the extend or retact side of the relay while one did that the other held the button inside the coach to extend whatever room the button was meant for. Now I figure there is a fuse blown that connects the switchs to the pump and I managed to find a few of them but not the right one yet. I found the 15 amp in the bedroom, that's good, I check a couple in the pump area they are good, I did reset a 90 amp unde the steps but that only manage to make the jack leveler work not the slideouts. There must be another fuse I'm missing cause from the slideout panel I get nothing when I press anyone of the three buttons either in or out.
Someone must know what the heck is happening here and I need your help.
Thanks ......Joe
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #2

I don't know if mine is anything close to your setup, BUT I have lippert slide outs as well, however mine are in a trailer and electrically oiperated by motors, and I have experienced a blown fuse on the big slideout. On mine, the fuses are in 2 green plastic fuse holder covers, 30 amp each, and are located about 2 feet or so from the battery, underneath the frame, just behind the tongue. I know your Georgetown is not a trailer; however they still may have those inline fuses along the frame or somewhere on there as well. Hope this helps ya! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #3

Thanks Randy, I found one under my steps, it's good and I found 2 15 amp
one under the step and one in the pump box on the driver's side, both are good. So I'm still searching for another one or for whatever may be causing the problem of the switches not working.
Again Thanks and I'll take any other ideas out there, I'm open to everything.
Thanks .....Joe
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

BCC Fuse

there is a 15A fuse associated with the slides in the BCC

My BCC (GT378) is located just above the batteries and on the cover
their is a label SDC-107a

I hope this helps

Gary
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #5

Gary Thanks for bringing that box to my attention. I had checked all the fuses in that box yesterday, but it was raining when I did it and I guess somehow I missed one and of course it was the one that was bad and worked the slides. Without your suggestion I would not have looked there again
By the way the fuse was numbered F-1 all the way on the right hand side of the box. That is one fuse I won't forget.
I can always count on someone to come up with the right answer
Thanks Again Gary and you too Randy
Old 04-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #6

BCC Schematic

Happy to be of some help.

For future reference and since you have the same BCC as I do,
attached is a schematic of the BCC connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown Battery Connect Center 113174 1 OF 1.jpg
Views:	1257
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	5510  
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #7

The same thing happened to us when we frist got the Georgetown. I took it to the dealer and he showed me where the reset button was along with the fuses locations. I had tripped the rest button. I was told that low batteries with do that. Also, Forest River told me to keep the level of fluid in the pump at 1 inch from the top. I noticed you have a 2008 Too, I had to replace the batteries this year as mine would not keep a charge. The date on our batteries were 1/07.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote