Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Slide Out Problem

Hello fellow Georgetownians
I have a (appox)1 foot tear in my floor on my 2010 330ts, It looks like the slide out rollers are literally coming up from the bottom causing the tear.
I took it in to Mike Thompson(dealer) and they stated the slide out was out of adjustment! I have a Western General extended warranty and they said they would not cover the cost of repairing the floor! Nor the adjustment cost! The dealer quoted me a price of $7200 to fix my floor!
My rig only has appox 4300 miles on it, I also have a leak coming from my Lippert stabalizers! Western General is sending an inspector to look at the leak, dealer says I need a new manifold and hoses! Can somebody please give me some advise as to what I need to do next, I don't know why I spent thousands of dollars on my RV and the EXTENED WARRANTY only to have more headaches!

fidaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
7200 to fix a floor! That is outrageous. When I had new vinyl flooring installed the labor for one day was a couple hundred dollars and the flooring was all of 150 dollars or so. Someone is ripping you off. Start calling floor covering dealers and ask which of their installers might want to work on an RV. That's what I did and got a fella that is pretty reasonable and does excellent work.

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Thanks Donn, that's great advice! Going to do my Homework next time and be more prepared! Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Contact Mike Burns at FR and see if he can help you. 2010 - still under warranty? or how far past. Give him a try. There might be an issue with that model and they may cover it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Thanks I will contact him, my warranty expired 12/26/10. Thanks for the contact info.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert
I heard Mike Burns just resigned from FR. I think a gentleman by the name of "John" is taking calls for him.
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Yes it's true I called and asked for Mike Burns and he no longer works there.
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
contact Dan Evans
I had the same problems with my floor, out of warranty and
similar mileage same unit that you have. I went through Mike Burns, then John Armstrong with no results or even answers to my emails. Finally went to the BBB and filed a complaint, Dan Evans replied after being contacted by the BBB and took care of things under warranty. The rollers cutting the floors are a common problem and they have made some changes to fix that apparently in the newer models. Took about 6 months to get things resolved but worked out in the end.
2010 Georgetown 330
Ontario, Canada
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
I agree that the $7,200 floor fix quote is very, very steep. Although I took my 2007 391 into Camping World and then to an independent shop to get quotes on replacing all my carpeting with wood flooring of some kind. Quotes were $15,000 and $10,000. The difficulty is pulling out the slides to get access to ALL the floor area. Takes some heavy equipment I guess. Still an area under one slide for $7,200 is nutty. I bought a $150 rug at Lowes and solved the entry appearance problem.

I've had my rig for over two years now. The dealer offered warranty which would have cost me about $4,000 would have expired. I've spent about $2,400 in repair money. I'm glad I passed on the contract. Hassling with a reluctant insurance company when you are already irritated about a problem strikes me as too aggravating.
2007 391TS UFO Chassis
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
Thanks for your Msg, I called Forest River and they want to see some pics. I had the dealer forward them to FR. Do you know how they made the rollers so they won't tear your floor? What did they do to remedy the problem? And after the fix will it happen again? If FR does not cover this repair I will be forced to go to the BBB.
Thx again