Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Slide out pulling back bedroom slide in too far.

I have a 2011 Georgetown 360DS. My warranty has just expired in April. On my trip last week, I noticed that the back bedroom slide was pulling in too far and the bottom trim was bowing in. All the screws under the bottom, outer trim of the slideout have been stripped off. Some are gone and the others are very loose. I tried to screw them back in, but the screws will no longer grab. The sealant from the outside and inside is also cracked. When it rain now, the water runs from the outside and out the holes from the underside of the slideout. I checked on the inside of the RV, and I do not think that water is getting in. Is their an adjustment that I can do to keep the slide out from pulling in so far? I am not sure how I am going to get the screws to grab again. I will definitely have to re-seal it when it is fixed. Can anyone suggest any help?

Chinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Lippert Hydraulic Slideout-Info.pdf

Lippert Levelers Troubleshooting Tips.pdf

You should be able to adjust the slide from below when opened. As for the screws. Try a 2 part epoxy to fill the hole, let it dry and then use a drill bit to make a smaller hole or break a toothpick off inside and then put the screw in.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert
The exact same thing happened to mine. I was still within my warranty by about two months so the dealer fixed it. There is an adjustment, I just don't know where. The good news is it required no paint! The dealer did put in bigger screws.
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote

bed, bedroom slide