Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #1

Slide outs

We were at our motorhome the other day to show it to someone. I pushed the button to turn the power on to the batteries so that the slides would go out. The front two would not go out but the bedroom did. It went out but will not go back in. This is a first for me so I am wondering if I start the generator up giving the motor home power as if t was plugged in will this allowed me to be able to close the slide back?

What I have is a Georgetown 378. I know nothing about this type of a situation. If I would have to use a battery charger is there a certain battery I would charge first?

I just had surgery on my left foot so it is a little difficult for me to do things but I do need to get the slide back in before I can go camping.
wildpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #2

Hi and welcome
Can't help you much other than make sure you have full house batteries charged. If they have not been charged or serviced recently I suspect they are low.
What does the control panel say? How many lights?
Also you may have tripped the 100 amp resetable breaker under the steps mounted on the back wall left of the lareg bix controller.
Hope this helps for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	28453  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpop View Post
We were at our motorhome the other day to show it to someone. I pushed the button to turn the power on to the batteries so that the slides would go out. The front two would not go out but the bedroom did. It went out but will not go back in. This is a first for me so I am wondering if I start the generator up giving the motor home power as if t was plugged in will this allowed me to be able to close the slide back?

What I have is a Georgetown 378. I know nothing about this type of a situation. If I would have to use a battery charger is there a certain battery I would charge first?

I just had surgery on my left foot so it is a little difficult for me to do things but I do need to get the slide back in before I can go camping.
Starting your generator is a good idea anytime you put your slides in/out and you are not hooked into shore power. As Iggy has said, you may have blown a fuse as a low voltage would cause the motor to pull a large amount of current. I'd first try to start your generator (if it won't turn over because your house batteries are too low, run the engine for 20-30 minutes and it will charge them) and let it run for 10-15 minutes before trying again.

Make sure you always have your battery disconnect connected when you try to put your slides and/or levelers down. The motor pulls more current than the converter can provide on its own and it needs the batteries to help.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #4

The book says to be connected to shore power or run the generator when extending or retracting the slides. Also, if the house batteries are to low to start the generator press the boost switch (Emergency Start) on the drivers side arm rest console, that will give you the power to start the generator.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #5

Ditto on what Jim said