Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #1

Slide-outs finally fixed, we hope....

So as forum readers will know, the slide-outs on our brand new 2012 Georgetown 378 have not worked since the day we got it. The main/right slides would go out diagonally and jam in the openings about 1 in every 20 uses. Spent 3 months back and forth to dealer as they subbed out various hyrdaulic parts. After 40 shop hours the dealer decided it was past their level of expertise, so we agreed to drive it 3,800km to the factory for repair if they paid for my gas. They found metal fragements in the hydraulic fluid and assume one of the rams was eating itself up and putting metal fragments into the system. They changed out the manifold, valves. pump, rams and jacks and WEEEEEEEEEEE it seems to have worked

They also fixed hot water tank support/brackets, fresh water tank syphon problem and minor leak from front overhead marker light. They did a slight scratch on the paint when they were fixing the marker light so they repainted that as well as a big rock scratch we got down the side of the coach from a Mac truck thrown rock on the trip. They also fixed the squeeks from the side blinds, removed a loose screw that was rattling around in the bulkhead over the drivers seat and gave me some water/electrical system wiring diagrams that I asked for.

I suggested it would be nice if they threw in a Winegard Trav'ler satellite system for my troubles which they were nice enough to do. I spent more than the $2k the satellite system cost messing around with travel to the dealership and living in hotels while they tried to fix it but it was still a nice touch.

Gotta say, it was a pain that I had the problem with a new coach, but I was happy with how the dealer and the factory resolved the issue. or at least I will be if it stays fixed

Fingers crossed over the next few weeks of testing that we are done with all the "new coach" issues. So far we are really enjoying living in the unit since we have everything working. Layout in these are really great for just two people. We are finally getting everything stowed/setup the way we want. Now to reschedule all our travel plans as we were supposed to be doing Grand Canyon, Zion, and Yosemite areas for May/June. Thinking Newfoundland and Maine now as I don't want to spend the $1500 in gas getting back to that side of the country.....

Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Glad to hear your back on the road and FR took care of everything. Who did you speak with in regards to a wiring diagram? I'm having a 120 volt nightmare for the second time on my 2007 Georgetown 370TS. I sent an email to John Armstrong this morning but haven't heard anything yet. I'm out of warranty but the problem I'm having shouldn't be too hard to fix if I could locate a junction box where the problem wire originates.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

You are talking to the right guy. They did come with the caveat that the diagrams were "guidelines" and that individual coaches would vary......

Sorry we have not bought the RV sized printer/scanner yet or I'd scan and post them
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Glad to hear you got coach fixed, we are taking our new 378 out this weekend hope all goes well with ours. Will be a nice trial run before heading out west to Yellowstone.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinkorSwim View Post
You are talking to the right guy. They did come with the caveat that the diagrams were "guidelines" and that individual coaches would vary......

Sorry we have not bought the RV sized printer/scanner yet or I'd scan and post them

I'd appreciate a copy of whatever print they give you. Sounds like the generic one and not specific for the 378 but anything would be helpful.
Thanks

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote