Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #1

Slide Problem

The front slide on my 2016 Georgetown GT3 is not working right. The rear portion wants to work but not the front section. So the front close to the drivers seat will not operate. Any suggestions?
Truckdogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What type of slide action do you have? cable? Schwintec? Hydraulic? etc.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #3

Not sure. On the outside it has top and bottom gear like rails
Truckdogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckdogg4 View Post
Not sure. On the outside it has top and bottom gear like rails
Not seeing the picture, but based on your description, you are more likely having the LCI "track and gear" slide system.

On the slide, you have 2 on each side, one on top and one on the bottom for the total of 4 tracks, 4 pinion gears, and 4 motors.

In order to have them works properly, you have to make sure all of the motors are sync or your slide will cock and bind.

The problem that you are described may be one of the two. The motor is completely out of synch and you may have to go to your LCI control box and reset it. Follow your manual on how to sync your motors.

Before you sync your motors, you need to make sure that all corner of your slide in question is fully flush to the coach body (fully closed)

When you extend and close your slides, make sure that follow the procedure completely because the LCI "track and gear" system are very sensitive to the coach level and must be sync every time you have the slides extend or retract. The sync is very simply by continuing hold the slide button for extending or retracting the slide 2 to 3 seconds after the slides were fully closed. The coach must be fully level too.

If the above does not work, you need to check and see if your motor connection, fuses, etc. refer to your manual on how to remove your motor and check.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #5

Find the controllers and see if there is an error message flashing.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #6

I have a 2016 GT3 31B3 so I always pay attention to posts about this model. If you google " LCI in wall slide out owners manual" you will find said manual. It is a great source of information explaining how to interpret the LED lights that may be flashing. It also explains how to reset the control panel and how to manual retract the slide if needed. I saved it to my iPhone in case I need it while traveling. Hope this helps.
JKGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #7

Slide Problem - MyLCI App

I'm not sure if you found the solution to your problem, but I recently found an App from LCI (Lippert Components). LCI makes many of the accessories on my RV 2017 Forest River Georgetown GT3 30X3. The App was very helpful and can be found at https://www.lci1.com/mylci
kjsandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #8

I have the GT3 30x3 and have had this very same issue with my coach. I have the Lippert Power Gear which it sounds like you have. You can find the manual online. Basically, the process is as follows: You have to take the slide control off the wall where all your controls are. It just has a couple screws and you can pull it out. Then there are buttons on the back of it that will allow you work your motors independent of each other. You can work the one motor to pull the end of the slide in that is stuck. You may have to push the other end out a bit incase it is wedged. The manual will work you through this. The guy at the dealership showed this to me and and I've had to to it one time myself as well. Once done you have to reset your stops, but the manual discusses that as well.

Good luck.

Tags
slide