Old 08-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Slide switches 352XL

Our kitchen slide switch recently broke and I went thru the following steps to fix it. The 15a fuse in the box under the steps, behind the house batteries on the wall was blowing each time I changed it. I removed the panel on the wall that houses all the switches, and every other indicator. T then removed the black wire from terminal 3, which is the power wire. The short went away, and the fuse no longer blew, allowing the other 3 slides to operate. While the panel was off, I took a picture of the side of the switch, which is where the part number and manufacture data is, and the wire configuration for when I get s new switch and how the wires go back on. The switch is manufactured by Sigma Corp, and distributed to wholesale/retail outlets only. The part number is 201S-15. Sigma uses Bernsteins Inc to sell their switches. 1-574-848-1118, ask for Lynn. This young lady was awesome. The switch was $5.95, she charged me $10.00 shipping, so I bought 2, same shipping charge. I received the switch, changed it out. Ops check was good. My logic was even if it didn't fix the slide, the switch was one less component the tech would have to look at, order and charge for.

Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
I just had my switch replaced while in Goshen Rally by Forest River.
Mine didn't short out but I noticed I had to press more or less on the switch to make it activate the slide. Sometimes it worked fine then next time not.
Thanks for the information on the switch. May come in handy for some.
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote