Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #21

How long before Forest River, warranty rep (Mike Burns) answered or acknowledged your email ?
Do you guys have any other name or number for contacts ?
I have a severe case of the slide woes ...woes

Mac

08 340 TS Georgetown SE
07 GL18007
www.centexpgr.org
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac wing View Post

How long before Forest River, warranty rep (Mike Burns) answered or acknowledged your email ?
Do you guys have any other name or number for contacts ?
I have a severe case of the slide woes ...woes

Mac
Try John Armstrong

jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com

I've worked with John before when he worked for Keystone and after coming the FR. He always has been very fair and helpful resolving any issues I had.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #23

Mike at FR contacted me within 24 hours and we had an appointment for delivery and repairs set within 48 hours. I can't say enough positive things about how easy it was to work with FR directly.
blue283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #24

cfsoistman

Thanks guys for your help.

Mike Burns still has not answered my Email.

Called John Armstrong afew hours ago. Message machine on.
I know these guys are very busy ... will keep trying ... and I'll let you know, who and how long of a delay/wait, I had.

Unhappy camper ! !
Mac

08 340 TS Georgetown SE
07 GL18007
www.centexpgr.org
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #25

Just got my rig back from the factory after almost 5 weeks gone. The slide does work properly now, going in and out in one motion. The dealer fixed me up with a complete service, after 4,000+ miles put on going to the factory and back, and also included a complete detail.
The FR rep extended my warranty for an additional year, and they fixed everything else on my list of issues to boot!!!
I'm not thrilled with over a year of dealing with defective slide problems, but the bottom line is FR took care of all my issues. All the factory rep's I spoke with were very friendly and professional in our dealings.
The major lesson learned, contact the factory reps early on, and forget about dealing directly with the dealer for ongoing issues.
Now planning for a trip to Glacier Nat'l Park......
Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #26

slide problems

you said after 5 weeks you got your rig back from the factory how did it get to the factory? what did they do to fix the slide problem?
rogann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #27

FR used Horizon Transport driver's to pick up and deliver, that's why the 4,000 miles on my rig. They refused to trailer it out and back. They offered to let me deliver it, but way too much time commitment for that !! I also wasn't thrilled with the idea of being in Indiana for a month while repairs were done.
As far as I can tell on repairs, they pulled the slide and put a tapered piece of plastic type material under the full slide length. This allows the slide to "glide" up when retracting. They didn't provide any documentation on work completed, so I don't know what else they did.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #28

Good luck! I have a 2004 370 XL that has been back to the factory six times.It has a ongoing problems were caused mostly by the facrtory work tring to correct the first problem.They will work with you on getting it to the facrtory and do the work but you will still have problems. Not saying all Georgetown's have problems most are build well,but when you get a bad one it is bad. Then they will tell you your warrenty is up like they have done me this week. If you can get the lemon law in your state do it, make sure you cross your T's and dot your I's .I keep Dan Evan's desk number on speed dial and will be glad to give it to you <louischerry47@comcast.net> I have delt with four differant people up there.I have had three Forest Rivers and this is the first with a real problem.
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #29

Sorry to hear about all of your issues. Mine seems to be working fine now.... we are currently in Glacier Natl Park and no problems in the 9 days it took us to get here from So Cal. Lots of friends along the way.
Feeling good about the drive up, some grades we were down to 35-40 mph but most we did at 45-50 mph. I have the Workhorse chassis and LOVE my grade brake!!!!
Averaging 7.8 mpg with the Jeep behind us. This is our first long trip and loving it!!!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #30

My 2011 Georgetown 300 is scheduled to be picked up this next week primarily for slide problems. After reviewing this forum and inspecting the hydraulic lift orange tubing that has bee added to the list. Armstrong has been very supportive in scheduling the work. It will add 2800 miles to the odometer but getting the key issues fixed is appreciated. I will give a report following return of the RV. We live in it about half year and performance i critical.

Pops
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #31

Hi All

I also have a 2011 Georgetown 300FWS. I am not the first owner, having purchased my unit with 10,000 miles on it. My slide seems to be OK, although I do find that an occasional quick shot of silicone spray along the wedge where the slide rides up seems to make everything work much smoother. My unit has the tapered plastic piece on the bottom edge of the slide opening and two rollers mounted just under the plastic piece, which the slide rides on. It looks like one of my outside cable attachment points has been re-attached.

Does this sound like my Unit has already been modified? From what I read in this thread, it seems so.

One other quick question if I may. My unit has a rectangular shower as opposed to the corner shower shown on the floorplan on the Forest River website. Would this be an early 2011 model?
leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #32

You are correct in having an "early" 2011 with the rectangular shower. It's hard to say if yours has been modified or if FR finally made the adjustment to the manufacturing process, as long as it works you are in good shape!! I haven't had any problems with mine since the repairs last May. You are also correct about the occasional shot of lubricant to keep everything sliding.
Hope you are getting to enjoy your unit...
Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #33

Hi Blue 283

Thanks for your reply. We have used our new Georgetown for several short trips, and will be heading south for a couple of months in February (Can't wait to get to the warm weather). I really like the floorplan. It is very open and roomy for a 30' coach. It is interesting that the Holiday Rambler Vacationer 30 SFS is the same layout.

I notice in an earlier post of yours that you said the factory had added the plastic material wedge for the slide to ride up on. What was there before this was added?
leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #34

Initially the wedge had a 2" taper, and was later changed to a 4" taper (per the FR warranty folks). I never measured it, I just took their word for it... as long as my slide keeps working I'm happy!!
Glad you like the floorplan, it works well for me too, although the corner shower would have been nice!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #35

FR communication

My 300 s is at Elkert and getting status information is not happening . John Armstrong has been the point of contact. I am adding Dan Evans to the e-mail distribution. Is there anyone else that could be included, including the shop supervisor to generate a response. The MH was scheduled to go in late Oct, copy of 4 page warranty needs sent Nov 7, MH picked up Dec 15 and no status since then
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #36

Mike Burns is not there ,it new guy and I'm still wait on call three weeks and still as not return my call on many problem with my coach.Thanks Warren Buffett for headache.
ck101999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #37

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I sent an email to John Armstrong on the evening of the Jan. 10 had a reply before 9AM on the 11th asking for the vin # and my phone # and he called back before noon that day. I have set up an appointment to have some things looked after in April in Elkhart on our way home from TX. There are number of things that the dealer did not have the will to fix.
I had the same kind of response from Mike Burns regarding paying for wheel alinement.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #38

I got a voice mail response from Armstrong and from the sound of it Forrest River is doing a very comprehensive job of fixing the issue with long term solution.

Pops

Tags
georgetown