Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
ME

Sliding door partition problems

I have continuing problems with the two sliding doors on our bunkhouse model. To include popping off the sliding stud the guides not "guiding" anyone else?

I was thinking of changing out the hardware

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111116_162744.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	9237
Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #2

Have had mine for under a year and broke twice. Still under FR warranty so letting the dealer deal with it now.
Tbeasley77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #3

I have the same 350 model, purchased brand new in August 2011. The bolt on the hanger on the inside door has sheared twice. I am going to fix it myself this time. Dealer provided me the parts and I am thinking about putting a strap on the inside door to secure it to the outside door.

This design is horrible.

It should be a requirement that any RV engineer must live in an RV for a year before he/she is allowed to design a single component.
johnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

We are constantly having this problem, one sliding door will not stay hung on the bolt/peg no matter how many times I rehang it and adjust stuff, it falls everytime I tow the TT. I have tried to wedge stuff against it so it will not move/slide but that does not help either. I might try new hardware also as I am tired of this issue!
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #5

My 350TS has the same problem. The hardware hits a screw to stop the door and it pops off the stupid little pin. I am going to install a rubber bumper that the door will hit prior to the hardware hittting the screw. Poor design but not hard to correct.
Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #6

They never installed the stop on my door, so the front door would keep sliding out on its own during travel. Also, they did not put the screw in properly on the bottom track, so it gouged the bottom of the front door. My dealer ordered a new door, but FR sent the wrong one, so they repaired the door instead: sanded it and put a matching piece of molding over the bottom that actually looks pretty good, added a stop and fixed the screw.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
ME

Could you send me a picture of the stop I am not sure if that is my problem or not. Did this resolve the issues?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #8

The "stop" is just a screw in the bottom of the rear door that catches the hardware that is attached to the bottom of the front door (and the rear door rides on). The screw's presence prevents the roller that is part of the hardware from falling off the rear door and allowing the front door to slide out unless the rear door slides out first. The rear door is normally latched to the wall. The "fix" did resolve the issues.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote