Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #1

Sloppy work at Colerain RV -Indy

Expanding on my previous post regarding the attempted repair to the lifting graphics on our Georgetown, below is a pic of on of the newly-applied graphics that was clearly distressed during application:

Here is another exhibiting blistering already:

We also had to have a cable in the living room slide mechanism re-attached (this is the second failure of the living room slide - the first time causing us to miss the wedding of a dear friend and leaving us stranded for a full week waiting on parts). When re-installing the trim, they left a gap, didn't cover any of the screw heads, didn't countersink the nails holding the trim along the bottom:

Also asked them to secure this piece of corner trim under the sink. You can see where they were over-zealous w/ the hammer and cracked the trim. It looked better before they touched it. It's also mashed in on the other side.

Frustrating beyond words.

-M
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

I had my own issues with that office as I stated in the other thread. They seem to be full of amatures there. If I need work done ill drive down to cincinnati or north to the factory if I had to in the future.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #3

I would have left it there until they got it right.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
I would have left it there until they got it right.
Not always an option when travel is required, and you're not confident they can fix it right in the first place.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #5

Up until 2 or 3 years ago that place was pretty much just a boat dealer. They have really been ramping up their RV inventory. Its good to know that they should be avoided for service, although I wouldn't have gone there anyway.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:42 AM   #6

I like the people there but after months of issues, I cut my losses and went to Gardiner Rv in Lafayette. Batteries, steps, disconnect, window molding, and basic but frustrating are now functioning properly. As a newby to the RV ownership, I realized that doing your own research was important.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
shootermik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootermik View Post
I like the people there but after months of issues, I cut my losses and went to Gardiner Rv in Lafayette. Batteries, steps, disconnect, window molding, and basic but frustrating are now functioning properly. As a newby to the RV ownership, I realized that doing your own research was important.

Let's hope you can now stay out of the repair shop so you can do some camping and travel. As always it seems that a good dealer who knows what they are doing are far in between. They all have big turn over rates of employees. FR makes the dealers take classes is what I was told, but they only send one person to get by with there requirement. I had some JT Strong arms installed. I watched the crew reading the directions, that's scary. The worst part is they didn't put the bushings in and they installed them upside down. After I got home I read the directions and had to take it back in to have them reinstalled. They were not happy about it, but either was I and I was paying the labor the first time only.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #8

Glen,F/R (Requires) their Dealers to send a (Person) for training BUT F/R (Cant Make) their Dealers work on a Unit that (Was Not Purchased) at that Dealer! All that (Training Down the Drain)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #9
Site Team

Think the term should be "doesn't make" Doesn't work this way in the auto or motorcycle biz. Could easily be a conditional requirement to be a dealer.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #10
chicagoslick

We bought our unit at this dealer and have been very pleased with the people and the service performed. We have not had any warranty work done, so maybe things could be different. Sorry to hear about your issues.

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #11

This is why I do everything on my camper myself. I'd never have a shop work on anything unless it was a major thing that I absolutely could not fix. Even when under warranty I fix everything. Granted, the decal issue would have been tough to address on your own. I would make them pull that decal and try again. To my knowledge, they should be wetting the surfaces and then applying the sticker allowing them to easily position and then squeegy (sp?) out the water. Looks like they applied those dry and then tried to apply heat to make it lay down.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #12

We bought a 2015 GT 351 from Colerain (Indy) this past summer. Not a good experience. Our salesperson was weak. The sales manager was slightly better . . . slightly. We ordered the RV and waited 8 weeks for delivery (as expected). During that time, we heard nothing from Colerain unless we called. When the RV was delivered to Colerain, they didn't realize it . . . Said they didn't have it. FR rep told me it was there so I asked Colerain again, they found it. It's hard to believe it got lost in the shuffle, they only had 3 in the "inventory" and one of those was ours. Went through the final inspection, RV wasn't clean (cig butts etc), gas tank was only 3/4 full, and salesperson was "working another deal". The most engaged person was the mechanic on the walk-through. Regardless, what little warranty work we need done will be made somewhere other than Colerain.

We love the RV more than we thought and will likely be upgrading later this year. Will NOT bother talking to Colerain.

sinksbsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #13

As an update to this, we ended up taking the coach to Elkhart where they could lay eyes on it themselves. They took copious notes and assured us they would work with Camping World in Nashville, which is much closer for us, to address all issues. While I'm not a huge CW service fan, they have done very good work so far. They have about half of the work done and have the balance to finish in January.