Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #11

Well we're back in the running,

I read your posts to my wife and slipped in a couple thoughts of my own. Once I got to the part (yes, part of my thoughts) that you guys would come out and do our laundry in any of the Continental United States, she was all in!

Seriously, she thought that for 3 to 4 months a year she could handle a combo. Truth be told, she fell in love with the Black Diamond package offered on the 369 floorplan.

I thank you all for your input and the Georgetown XL is back and very much on our wish list.

Thanks again

Old 04-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #12

Be sure to specify vented if you get the Georgetown.

Happy trails!

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #13

I have owned both, stick with Numar. Much better product. My 352XL has a problem every time out. Some my fault most component issues. Electrical and Hydraulic being the culprit. FR service is a big issue also.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #14

Hi Dc8, It is a concern of mine. I like the XL very much and as I've said especially the Black Diamond option. But I have had drilled in my mind from so many on the forums that the two top coaches are Newmar and Tiffin. I'd not be honest if it didn't give me more than a moments pause.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #15

And the you hear stories like this:

Forest River Service!

or this:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/expe...er-243012.html
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #16
Tinkerer and Putterer

I wondered if the King Aire post would make it into this thread... I have heard both good and bad stories for all three brands. That is why I would make some calls myself and get some details on how each company handles those worst case scenarios straight from the company. Rarely can you get a complete picture from a thread. There is always bias and whether intentional or not, "unimportant" details are often omitted during the composition. Heck rent an RV, or go camping with your current outfit and scout out some owners of the rigs your interested in while camping. Most folks are more than happy to share their experiences and show you their rigs. Those conversations will also often give you ideas as to functionality and uses for the rigs setup that you may have never thought of both good and bad. Face to face time with a subject matter expert / owner is the best research you can do in my opinion. Forum posts just can't match it.