Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #1

Some 110 volt outlets not working!

Hello, I'm a new member and recently bought (Oct. 2013) a 2012 Georgetown 360XL. After de-winterizing my rig and using it over mother's day weekend, I found not all the 110 volt outlets working. The outlets that do work are attached to the GFCI's located in the bathroom and kitchen. I checked the breaker box and found no tripped breakers. One or the breakers is labeled RECP which i figured to be receptacles. I removed the cover to find no wires are attached to that breaker. So my question is where are the non-working receptacles powered from? My coach is equipped with an Inverter, could this be the power source? And if so, where is it located? All replies gratefully appreciated.
RichardShriber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #2

Don't know where they get there power from off hand but check around there may be another ground fault outlet that is tripped causing these outlets not to work. Make sure and check the outside outlets. Check all other breakers in the box to make sure they aren't tripped too, some you actually have to feel to find out they are tripped, they may appear ok but aren't.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardShriber View Post
Hello, I'm a new member and recently bought (Oct. 2013) a 2012 Georgetown 360XL. After de-winterizing my rig and using it over mother's day weekend, I found not all the 110 volt outlets working. The outlets that do work are attached to the GFCI's located in the bathroom and kitchen. I checked the breaker box and found no tripped breakers. One or the breakers is labeled RECP which i figured to be receptacles. I removed the cover to find no wires are attached to that breaker. So my question is where are the non-working receptacles powered from? My coach is equipped with an Inverter, could this be the power source? And if so, where is it located? All replies gratefully appreciated.
Some people will have dedicated outlets from the inverter only. Try to turn on your inverter and see if you get power at those sockets. If they did that then the wire would have been removed from your 110v breaker and ran to the inverter. It is common practice to install one as close to the battery's as possible. Your inverter might also have a switch in the coach to turn it on and off remotely instead of at the inverter itself.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #4

Your inverter may also have a GFI breaker.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #5

We have a 360 and there is a gf whatever outlet in one of our basements. Possibly you have one in a basement also.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #6

Greeting and welcome Richard

We’re having ALMOST the exact same problem on our 2012 360.
We have NO inverter so we DO have a wire on the REC breaker.

My volt/ohm meter shows a HIGH resistance short (not enough to trip the breaker BUT not enough power to run anything) between neutral and power.
I’m looking from the refrigerator toward the breaker for the problem.
Looks like it’s going to be between the breaker and the first outlet located in the TV cabinet (I think it’s the first outlet) straight up from the breaker box.

More testing in a couple of weeks.

ab&jb
Old 05-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...res-22820.html
Yours may be different than mine but it could be as simple as a wire that has come loose from the back of one of those receptacles. FR uses the typical receptacles as other manufacturers but they aren't the best type. I'd start looking behind the receptacles or any junction boxes if you know their location. Some junction boxes are located above the floor inside cabinets or under the floor behind panels within the storage compartments.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0ts-23387.html

I know you coach is different but I would think some things may apply. The pdf attached shows where I found my junction boxes. If nothing else it's a possible place to look. Hope you find the problem without too much work. Good luck, Charlie.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #9

I hate it when someone asks for help and then never comes back to find out the answer to the question.
Oh well.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote